Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need A Lapband Buddy In Florida

Wow way to go Sue that's incredible in 8 months!!! It's hard for me right now with losing I have three small kids and my husband who are not over weight and I'm cooking for them. I try to eat under 1200 calories a day and track everything but I get busy and forget some days. Then other days I really want to be thin then I'm like we'll does it matter I've lost 135 pounds I look ok but not skinny I dunno my brain loves to play games with me. I'm just kinda staying around 210 to 215 right now. I'll be happy once I'm under 200 I think I would love for the scale to be 100s not 200s. Hopefully this year it will. But awesome job to you sue and Dennis you to great job on your weightloss!!

I am with you, I can't wait to see the 100's. I am headed out for vacation later in September and I was hoping to be down 100 pounds by then, and I accomplished that a month and a half early. I will be on a cruise for two weeks so I will really have to watch what I eat and figure out how to exercise since I will not be doing my normal routine!

Hey everyone! I live in Brandon, next to Tampa and am 5 days post op! I wld love some FL band buddies ;)

I am really struggling w this early stage of the diet. I am so sick of all these liquids and not having food. Everything still looks good and I want all sorts of food just know I prob cldnt get it down.

Would love chatting and getting any possible tips that wld be helpful!

Thanks!

I live in Englewood, but not banded yet.

Probably late Sept.

you are welcome to also join MYFITNESSPAL. com, many of us are on there, and most of my buddies are lappers,, Griderrr, if interested,,, Clearwater Fl here, and MISS my S, FLA!!!

Thanks Grider!

TampaGina, congrats on your surgery. Remember everything is still going to look good. It is aprocess that you have to go through to find new things that look good too! When you get to the mushie stage, experiment with things you like and put them in the blender. Your fav meat, Soup, etc. That will help! Mushies include scrambled eggs, fish, most soft stuff. I used to grind up ham, chicken and make mush out of it. Didn't always look good but at least you got something with a little flavor. But don't forget to get all your Water in after you eat.

I know have a core menu that I stick to pretty much all the time so it is easier. You will get there!

Hi All,

I'm from Orange Park, just outside of Jacksonville. I was banded 4.26.12 and have lost 40lbs already. I was so happy to weigh myself last week and see 199lbs. I haven't seen that in 8 years. My dr gave me a fill last week and wow for the first time I fill "tight". What is everyone averaging a day in cal/ carb intake? My doc. Has me on a no starch no sugar diet. This has me going crazy. I'm a little confused how fruits can be bad for me. He explains a sugar is a sugar and it's not good for me. All I eat is Protein, veggies and my shakes. What is everyone else doing? Glad to find some Florida banders here...

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Hi Yoly! It is always awesome to meet other Florida banders! Actually, you and I were banded exact same day! That is such a great feeling to meet and exceed one of your goals! I am still over 300 lbs and can't wait for the day I can say I weigh two hundred anything! I don't know about your surgeon, BUT mine is definitely not good at the diet and nutrition game! However, my support group has an excellent dietitian and he told the group, just this last week, that we should all be shooting for 1000 - 1200 calories per day, with Proteins being our first priority. I personally aim for 90-100 grams of Protein, less than 100 grams of carbs, 15-20 grams of Fiber, less than 100 grams of fat, and drink a minimum of 64 ounces of Water per day. While your doctor is correct, a sugar is definitely a sugar, you would want to select "better" sugars, such as fruits and veggies. He is worried about the starches and high carb foods turning into sugar in your system, so apparently he wants to control all sugar intake. Do you have diabetes or some other reason he is so sensitive about the sugar intake? There are too many great aspects of eating fruits, berries, and nuts to completely avoid them in a healthy diet!

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, I was on the LA Weight Loss diet. I was instructed to eat every two hours throughout the day. My diet plan included 18 ounces of Protein, 5 fruits, 5 vegetables, 2 fats, and 2 starches per day, along with my 64 ounces of Water. This caused my body's metabolism to increase, burn more calories, and I was healthier than I had been in years! The weight loss was slow, steady, and I lost a total of 135 pounds in slightly over one year! Case in point, natural sugars will not negatively affect your diet or your health in moderation. When you think about it, everything we do has to be in moderation or it will cause issues.

Well, it was nice meeting you this morning! Although it looks like Tropical Storm Isaac is heading more towards Louisiana and Texas, we still have to prepare for high water and winds here. I work at the Port of Panama City and they tend to take storm surges a little more seriously! LOL Take care and I will talk to you soon!

Dennis

Hey Yoly, I live in Orange Park too! I was banded 1/30/12. My NUT says only eat when hungry, eat healthy and don't worry about Protein or calories right now. I eat two meals a day with one snack for about 500 calories! It's crazy, but I am down 107 pounds.

Who is your surgeon. Mine is Dr. Uchal. I had my surgery at St. Vincents. We will have to get together!

Hey Yoly' date=' I live in Orange Park too! I was banded 1/30/12. My NUT says only eat when hungry, eat healthy and don't worry about Protein or calories right now. I eat two meals a day with one snack for about 500 calories! It's crazy, but I am down 107 pounds.

Who is your surgeon. Mine is Dr. Uchal. I had my surgery at St. Vincents. We will have to get together![/quote']

Hi. My surgeon was Dr Pinnar who is no longer in the practice...crazy...I'm worried that I'm not eating enough nutrients.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Friend me and we can chat!

I live in Palm Bay i.e. the space coast.

I have always been heavy since my teenage years. Always lost and gained the weight back and some more. I would live to make buddies that can be part of my new journey. I was at my highest 206 when I decided to do the lap band. I am 5ft so that put me at 40 BMI. So far I have lost 12 pounds...4 ponds since the pre op diet. Today is the 6th day of it and get banded on the 27th.

Hey, I would love a buddy too. I live in Clearwater Florida. I've been banded for 3 years but had some struggles. If interested let me know. Good luck!!

Hi Cleawater here, I use my Fitness pal,,, there are a quite a few banders in our circle if you want to join- also a calorie etc counter (free) Good luck on your journey- rem one day at a time. Oh I am Griderrr if you want to tag on..