Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous About My First Appointment!!

I am nervous about my appointment on s Monday! I have had a couple dreams that I get there and after talking...the doc tells me he can't perform my surgery. I have struggled with weight my whole life. Even as a child. I was bullied....which made it worse. I am tall so I carried it well as I got older. I dated with no problem. Even had really georgous boyfriends!! But in the end I was cheated on by all with a skinny model looking girl. Think that made it worse. I now have an amazing husband and 2 beautiful boys ages 2 and 4! I have lots of medical problems and have been on prednisone for 4 years. I weighed 205 this time last year. I now weight almost 300!. Can't breathe...no energy but I force myself to for the kids. I have severe RA and its gotten worse with the weight gain. I need to get this weight off so I can get my life back and have a healthier me for my family. Has anyone had nervous dreams about not getting approved? Scared :(

My dreams are only positive. I really want to be healthy and want to start my new journey with the band. I look at all the possibilites that will come back from years ago when I lose some weight. Not just looking better, but actually being more productive to myself and to my family. And prednisone has a way to help you breathe better but also give you much weight retention. My dearly departed wife was on 60mg of prednisone and she gained about 55 pounds. But being older and almost 5 foot 10 inches tall, she could carry her weight gain. Lose weight and you will breathe easier, then the familoy doctor should wean you off slowly prednisone.

Best wishes

Best wishes on your new journey.

Thanks. Sorry to hear about your wife. I think total I have gained about 100 lbs on the prednisone. I'm also 5'10" and carried it well. But now its just to the point that clothes don't fit and I'm very uncomfortable. I appreciate the kind words and I'm hoping I get a good amount of weight off do I can get on a very low dose of prednisone!!

My fears are based around insurance not approving the surgery. I know I'm a candidate but I've heard so many insurance horror stories that it scares me. I have no co-morbid conditions so I feel like they will deny me based on that, even though my BMI is over 40. I keep reading and re-reading Anthem's Bariatric Surgery policy, as if something will change. It is quite stressful. I am trying to talk myself into not obsessing over it, it's totally out of my control at this point and I will just have to wait it out. My surgical consult is 8/2, and my insurance already verified that it is covered. Now we just need to get through the approval process. Feels like forever!

Good luck to you! Try and stay positive, I know it's easier said then done, but your attitude can make or break you!

I had them often and to the point i stopped going after wls for about 6 months then when i got back to it i found out i had to take 6 months of nutrition counseling so i told my self if it happens it happens and didnt obsess over surgery then bomb approved and surgery all of a sudden at once wow it was tough! But im glad i pushed trough the dreams!