Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Stuck Episode

Last night I had two foods get stuck and I experienced the pain and panic all at once . I was in a hotel room out of state with limited options to help me. But now I know that chicken breast and apples are problems for me. I washable to finally get things to settle down with some papaya enzyme but it was a short night

In that situation drink some Fluid lean over and if you need do the 2 finger tickle and it will come up. Apples with peels a nono for me if you want one slice it and put in the microwave with a little cinnamon and I always have trouble with chicken I grind it and use alittle mayo or if hot gravy.

In that situation drink some Fluid lean over and if you need do the 2 finger tickle and it will come up. Apples with peels a nono for me if you want one slice it and put in the microwave with a little cinnamon and I always have trouble with chicken I grind it and use alittle mayo or if hot gravy.

Thanks for the ideas. I did rock back and forth and tried some Water. Would have preferred something hot but the maid had taken the coffee carafe away I guess fresh raw apples are out for me :(. I will have to be more careful when I travel next time

Be careful about inducing vomiting...this is a potentially band disturbing event. It does make good sense to know what your food tolerances are and to be mindful and aware when you eat...focus on small bites that you chew well.

I'm not certain if some of the stomach acids would be present in a stuck episode, but that would be a question to ask your surgeon. Repeated vomiting can harm tooth enamel if the stomach acids are present.

I agree with the careful on the induced vomiting. Ive been sticking my toothbrush down my throat for 2 1/2 yrs so as not to feel the pain of being stuck. I did it about 2-4x a wk. Then I had a slip (mosy likely caused by vomiting) and 4 mths later, Im still in the process of rectifying the slip. Thats the thing with the band - you have to be patient. Nothing with the band is immediate.

Ive found that NOTHING works for being stuck but vomiting for me. Except preventing the episode in the first place. Im learning to slow down and chew food really carefully. Sometimes it doesnt work and Ive only induced vomiting a couple of times. The pain is sometimes intense but it usually only lasts about 15 minites and its over.

Im struggling now with a possible 2nd slip or the first one was never corrected. Trying really hard to prevnt stuck episodes. Good luck

Marci

Induced vomiting can also cause your band to slip...which is no good. My body has forced me to vomit twice (once after a cracker, and once after a bite of tortilla). They both got stuck and would NOT pass. Surprisingly though, hardly anything came up. Either way, getting stuck is no fun!

I take papaya enzemes and do jumping jacks and walk. Sometimes letting it work through causes swelling to. I then always switch to liquids and purees... I am 16 months out and sometimes it happens with ice cream as i am really tight and the band tightens and losens on its own. They call it the fickle b***h for a reason. Good luck. Message me if you need help. Have a great day all!