Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So what exactly is sliming??? Is it something that just occurs??? Is it a result of eating the wrong foods??? Is it a result of food getting stuck??? Is it avoidable??? I am having surgery on Tuesday and sliming is kinda freaking me out as I have not heard of this before, but I'm reading a lot of posts where people are mentioning it.

To answer all of your question is...... YES..... it is caused by all of your questions eating to much ,eating to fast, to big a bites , a tight band. And so if you do not do these things your incidence of sliming will be reduced. However sometimes we slime for reason we don't know...

Slime is what your body produces to help food go down it is YOUR FRIEND, when you start to slime get up go to a Bathroom bend way over and let it slide out chances are the offending food will slide out with it. It is tastless and the consistency of egg whites. Because the food has not reached your stomach

If you start to slime because of a food it will not go away on it's own. It just becomes heavier until you get rid of the food. For me it is bread, rolls,cake and rice, to big a piece of meat not chewed enough.

I find that my sliming happens when I am out in a group and we are talking and I forget to follow the RULES.of chewing enough, eatiing slow waiting between bites. Or thinking I can have a little piece of dinner rolls and for me that is just not going down. Sliming is nothing to FREAK out about it happens to all of us at some time and I am surprised your Dr . or NP hasn't told you about it. I do not like to slime but it is a warning for me to STOP whatever I have done and get rid of it now because for me it will not go away on its own. That is your 101 sliming class, Good Luck and don't worry you will slime at sometime and it will be okay.

Admittedly I may be in the minority but knock on wood two years out no sliming or PB episodes.

Admittedly I may be in the minority but knock on wood two years out no sliming or PB episodes.

What is a "PB" episode?

Ok that's just wrong..lol I never heard of it and I am not looking forward to it.. Thanks for the class 101at least now if it happens after I am banded on the 30th I will know what to do... But ewww..

PB is productive burping. Or burping up food I believe.

Eek! Sliming and Productive Burping?!?! A small price to pay but yikes! :o