Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I was banded on 4th of July, my wounds are healing very well except my port one, it is very red very painfull and was weeping. I called my hospital but she said it was not an emergency and go to my own doctor on Monday, any idea what's best should I wait. Thanx

It sounds like its infected. Put a cotton ball saturated in hydrogen peroxide on it. Then call doctor first thing Monday morning.

Sounds infected, most of the time it will drain naturally but antibiotics are needed. Does your surgeon have a weekend phone you can call. I have my doctors cell phone number as well as his nurses for emergencies.

Take care

The first thing I will say is if it really worries you then go to the hospital, but I imagine it's just your body getting used to having something unfamiliar in it. Remember the port is not normally stitched in place so it does have a small area of movement under the skin and, unlike the other entry areas, that port is under your wound there so is taking a little longer to settle down.

Keep the area clean and try and let it get to the air if possible. I have found taking the asprin that dissolves in your mouth much easier to digest than capsules or tablets now. You could try taking that to ease the pain but like I said, if it is really painful or worries you then go to the hospital. Certainly get it checked out on Monday though.

Hope that helps.

def need some antibiotics on board...I would try to get in touch w/answering service...do u have leftover nonexpired antibiotics at home?? you need to start something as soon as possible...

I was banded on the 3rd of July and my port area is sore as well, Its not weeping just really sore all of a sudden, I perhaps thought I had overdone it.

My dr said the port is attached to muscle which heals differently it's not floating around

Hi I was banded on 4th of July, my wounds are healing very well except my port one, it is very red very painfull and was weeping. I called my hospital but she said it was not an emergency and go to my own doctor on Monday, any idea what's best should I wait. Thanx

i say get to your doctor as soon as you can.

weeping is not a good thing. hope you feel better soon.