Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how big am i

i went to the doc 2day and found out that i was 360 the day of surgery not much off but now im 348 somepeople say the first 10 pounds r Water don't know if it true but wish it was fat but im on my way i can eat food now and now that i can i dont want to and im scared to. thank for your help all keep on working for the goal p.s how do u join a public group

360 on 3/6/06

346 on 3/14/06

goal 180 by next summer keep finger crossed and eyes and toes and arms hahahahahahahahahahhaa

Congratulations......I don't know if I lose, fat or muscle, I just want to see the numbers come down. It will all balance out later. Have you measured your body? It will come in handy later when you don't see what you want to see on the scale but you will know that your body is changing and firming because of the measurements.

Just post something in a forum and you then are a member.

Kay,

Congratulations! :)

12 lbs gone is 12 lbs gone no matter whether it's Water or fat. Keep following your doctor's instructions and your lap band rules, you should be just fine.

I agree with Theresa, measure yourself. Sometimes we get into plateaus or slow losing spots. During those times we often lose inches instead of weight and it's important to keep motivated. Those inches can be motivation. Now's the time to do it so you can see the dramatic results between start and finish.

thank u guys i had my first meal break down this morning i can eat food that what my doc said but im scared cuz i dont want it(the fat/water) to come back i begged him to tight'n my band but he said no i have to wait til my 6 wks r up i made my appointment for my first tightn and thats on the 19 of april hope it does hurt

Hey Kaybug,

I agree, it matters not what you're losing at this point. Try to get away from the old diet mentalities. The fact is, you have your band in and the weight loss will happen and it will continue past the first 10 pounds. Isn't that great?! No more stressing over every pound. Just relax and let the time go by. Now, be prepared.. it is possible that you will gain a few pounds prior to your first fill. As the swelling goes down in your tummy, there is less restriction and hunger will return, so you'll gradually eat more. This is very common but doesnt always have to be true. If you watch your calories and stick to your post-op diet, no cheating with ice cream and stuff, then you won't gain. If you do though, it's no great loss because once you start getting fills you will lose that weight. This is definitely the time to be thinking about healing, not losing weight. They won't tighten you down yet because you aren't even eating solid foods yet, and youre still swollen. How would they be able to tell what you can truly eat? Some people find they don't even need a fill once they are on solid foods. *hugs*

I was scared to death to put anything new into my mouth. I'm gradually getting over that but there are some things I choose to keep a healthy fear of - breads and pastas of any kind being at the top of my fear list. If you take small bites, and really concentrate on chewing until the food is almost nothing before you swallow, then you'll be ok. If you start to chew something and find it stringy or worrisome, spit it out.

One more thing, I was so scared to get that first fill that I almost got upset in the Dr's office. But once it was done I felt silly. It was completely painless. Not even a sting.

Hope I've helped some. I sure do remember being where you are now. Try to relax, you're doing fine.

You need to replinish the Water in your body or your body will not function properly, including metabolism. Not drinking water to weigh less is not a positive state of mind. You're focusing too much on the scale. By that rationale, just walk around naked because most outfits add 3 - 6 lbs.

Make good choices, use your band wisely, exercise, drink your water, and the weight will come off.

thank u i truly hope u all understand that this web site is so much help i have a great support team at home but there nothing like someone that understands what im feel it good to know im not out there alone cuz this band is a very weird mental trip and getting used to eating right when your habits was eating whatever & whenever is hard no can someone please walk me threw a scale from ticker ive been trying but i cant do it inm not a computer smart i drive a school bus (hahahaha) now if u want to know who to pick up a child or do a railroad crossing im the woman to talk to (hahahahaha). thank u all a million hugs

Ok, this should help. If not, send me a PM and I'll help you further.

Go to www.tickerfactory.com

Select weight loss.

Select the ticker ruler you want, then click Next.

Select the ticker slider you want, then click Next.

Select weight units you want to use.

Select Weight (not weight change)

Enter your starting weight.

Enter your current weight.

Enter your targe weight, then click Next.

On the page that appears, scroll down to the bbCode box.

Highlight and copy everything from [ img] through [ /img] in that box.

(You want to leave off the [ ur=http://etc] at the beginning and the [ /url] at the end.)

Paste what you copied into your signature line. (Quick Links button at top of screen and then Edit Signature).

hi every one please could any one tell me what do you drink for 2 weeks once you,ve had a band mine will be fitted on 31st march this month thanks susan from uk

What you drink for two weeks? You mean a liquid diet for two weeks post-op? Didn't your surgeon or dietician provide a list of what you can or cannot drink? I know what *I* drank, but that's just one surgeon's plan out of many...

I started on Clear liquids for a few days - Water, juice, Jello, any liquid you can see through. Then I went on to full liquids - milk, Tomato Soup, Protein shakes, yogurts, etc, anything liquid you can't see through. Not sugar'd or fatty liquids though. Use sugar free, fat free stuff.

Wheetsin is right. Your Dr should have given you a list of permissible liquids. Mine gave me a list but said I was free to add things to it that fit the descriptions of clear and full liquids.

After checking with your doctor, you might have a look at this list for some more ideas - IF your doctor is giving you freedom to select from a variety of liquids.

http://lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3995&highlight=post+op+diet