Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes Enough For A Breakfast Meal?

I noticed that a lot of folks use Protein shakes, for various reasons.

I was wondering if I do try the shakes for Breakfast, will that be enough to fill me and support the role of breakfast being the most important meal?

Yes...though eventually we are supposed to get all of our nutritional needs met with a diet of regular foods. You will increase the Protein content of the shake if you mix the Protein powder with milk.

I have read where others have shared that their band is too tight in the morning to allow them to eat anything, and in that scenario definitely have a shake. Something with good nutritional value is better than nothing.

like Mis and Sojo stated, its okay. (my dr knows i do also).

I drink one every morning because i am not hungry in the a.m. but know that i need (fuel/protein) to sustain me til lunch time. so i make my shake, throw into freezer til its milkshake like and drink on the way to work.

Just saw my NUT today and she said not to do Protein shakes as a meal in the morning. UNLESS I know I won't be eating that meal. She said that I need to fill up with food Proteins in order to fill my stomach and last till my scheduled snack. She likened the shake to a slider because it just goes straight down.

But I will try one one day, I'm just curious how it tastes! :-)

I drink a Protein Shake in the morning. I also freeze it for 1 hour. Turns very thick and then you have to drink it slowly as it thaws.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches