Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sad but true....I would say people started really noticing after I had dropped about 50 lbs. When you have 217 to lose it takes a while.

But they sure do notice now... and they will notice only a 5-10 lbs difference

post-332611-13813140302696_thumb.jpg

I didn't notice and thought everyone was crazy until I saw these two pictures together. 2 month difference and I can finally see some progress

I had intended to take a pic of myself on the 9th of every month...so I could watch my progress... I didnt but I think it would be cool to see.

For me, it was after the first 30 pounds when people said something. It's nice when people notice, but I don't use that as a measure of my success. I did have to learn how to take a compliment gracefully though - a strange thing for me at first.

D.

post-332611-13813140302696_thumb.jpg

I didn't notice and thought everyone was crazy until I saw these two pictures together. 2 month difference and I can finally see some progress

You sure can! Keep it up... you're obviously doing great.

You will have people support you in this battle and say nice things to encourage you. I have a few co-workers that have been my support from day one and God Love them because when I had no weight loss for a few weeks, they noticed my clothes hanging on me. And you will have co-workers that say NOTHING because they either are jealous or oblivious to seeing you lose 50-60 pounds. Whatever is going on, keep in mind this is a journey for you for what your reasons are, not what other people notice or think. I have been a yo yo dieter my whole life and at the ripe old age of 59, I GET IT! This is about me and I am happy with losing 88 pounds and being a size 10! No more meds and I feel like 29 all over again. The first 50 years I pleased everybody else, now this last 50 years is all about ME! Whoppppeeee!!!

For most people in a work setting if they don't comment about weight gain they aren't going to comment on loss either. I saw a former co worker after losing about 100 lbs. He didn't say a word!

I've lost 46lbs and I have to say this week has been the most noticeable week yet! :D

My best friend told me he thought I still looked like I had a big gut and thought it would be gone by now. A-Hole! But that's what guys say to each other.

I almost busted my gut reading that! Haha. Most of us girls would be lying in a heap on the floor in tears after a comment like that! But glad you took in in stride. Guys definitely handle that kind of stuff differently. ;) Congrats on your weight loss though. I'm sure your stomach looks awesome. haha.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

My daughter was gone for 3 weeks for the summer. I had my surgery right when she left. When I picked her up at the airport she noticed and said I was "all tiny" now! Funny' date=' I am far from tiny and had only lost about 20 lbs from when I saw her![/quote']

Awe! Your daughter sounds sweet, like my daughters. I bet she is very happy for you and excited about the future! Keep it up. Great job! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I guess maybe a month or so. People were saying my face looked thinner. Today I wore a fitted shirt and my aunt said she could tell I've lost weight. I got banned on July 3rd and have only lost 35 pounds since then! I'm a little disappointed, but it's my own fault for not working out like I should. But I'm back on track now! So hopefully it starts coming off again! :)

I'm really bad at keeping secrets so I pretty much told EVERYONE! People noticed when I got back to work, by that time I had lost about 20 lbs. Now I'm down 46 pounds and people say something almost everytime I work. I LOVE it of course. My husband hasn't said a word, but there is no way that he hasn't noticed... he's just a man after all. It took me awhile to notice myself. I started trying on clothes that I hadn't been able to wear in years and one day they just fit! Now, they are getting too big. The only person that really matters is you. I know I feel so much better and little things like being able to cross my legs make me smile. Of course compliments never hurt anyone either!