Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for food on long flight.

Will be on long flight in a couple weeks, I think 13-15 hours non- stop for the first flight. Not sure what the food will be like can you give me some ideas on what I could take on board. I have had one fill so I can eat some solid foods now.

Thanks

Lassie

Nuts are always good, I like pistachios in particular.

While they're not good as "normal" part of your diet, for a circumstances when I know I'll be traveling and unable to have decent meal choices, I will stick a Protein Meal Replacement bar in my purse. This way though not necessarily a good meal choice overall, it's still a lot healthier than most of the stuff I'd have been stuck with it if I hadn't brought one.

Apples are always great on the go, too.

cheese sticks are good too

I just eat the plane food. Most of it is fairly soft so it shouldn't be too hard. If you are concerned avoid the meat that they serve and just eat the veg. Breakfast normally has some kind of eggs and they go down Ok.

You could always take a cup a Soup or some kind of dehydrated meal and then ask for hot Water when you are on board.

I also would plan on eating the plane food. One high fat meal won't derail your weight loss. And don't bother with a low fat/salt option; I did that once and it was HORRIBLE. Bringing a couple low cal Protein Bars as a back up plan. A couple apples and some string cheese would be good as well.

Take a small soft cooler like a lunch pail and put it in your carryon/backpack. Put cheese/nuts/chicken salad you make.. for liquids you can also buy bottled Water after the security checkpoint and make sure to hydrate during the flight! You can get a Protein bistro box at a Starbucks most airports have those! You could take hummus, it is just the liquids you have to worry about taking through security. You could also take a mixer bottle and take some Protein Powder and mix it up on the plane. Grab the milk or water whatever you mix with in the terminal. I have found most of the planes have stuff that is workable for flights.

You can buy yogurt at the airport. If you take string cheese it can't stay out longer than two hours. Take an insulate lunch bag. Also the Protein powder. GNC sells a nice small bottle for mixing your protein. I like hummus you can get the small single sizes to take with you or purchase on the plane. Roll up lunch meat with cheese inside.

Safe travels