Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was May 11th and have been doing good. I went to a support group Monday night and before hand went have dinner with a friend of mine who has also been banded. While I was eating my salad I took to big of a bite and didnt chew much and swallowed. Mistake!!! It got stuck probably my worst but I was able to walk it off which I'm sure I looked crazy walking in circles. Well about 11 am Wed. my stomach started hurting and was uncomfortable. Finally at 2:30 I asked to leave and came on home. I was/am so afraid that my bad has slipped. Anyways I went yesterday to see my doc and told him what had happened and asked if he thought my band slipped. He said that if my bad slipped I would know it. I would be vomiting, bad pain and not able to keep food down. Well it wasnt like that and nothing more was said about it. He put in another .4cc in my band so I have a total of 5 in there now. The pain/uncomfortable feeling that I have has gotten somewhat better but I still have it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this feeling?? But then again it's hard to really explain the feeling I'm having. I guess it's a mix of ovulating/needing to go to the bathroom to just needing to let it rip but magnified. Anyways any imput would be great!!

Thanks in advance,

Tammy

I am shocked that he gave you a fill when you were in pain .I would have thought that he needed to let you get used to the amount of fill that you currently have. If you are getting stuck at your current level more fill will probably only make it worse.

I agree with Elcee. I would have though he would let you heal from a bad stuck episode before giving you another fill. Personally knock on wood I've had VERY FEW stuck episodes. It is not normal or good for you to keep a band so tight that you have lots of stuck episodes.

Personally id go on liquids for atleast 24 hours that way if its swollen it can begin to heal without food stretching it out. If you dont feel better in a day or two id gead back to the doc it never hurts to make sure everything is ok.

Question though are you having and side pain or under your rib cage pain?

Personally id go on liquids for atleast 24 hours that way if its swollen it can begin to heal without food stretching it out. If you dont feel better in a day or two id gead back to the doc it never hurts to make sure everything is ok.

im shocked that he would do that as well. when these things happen, you do need to go back onto Clear Liquids for at least 24 hours... then slowly introduce your foods again.

I'm on liquids until Monday lunch. I did have some at ribs and aides nut it is getting better. It isn't the type of pain to where I need to go back to him it's just uncomfortable especially at first. It seems to be even better this morning. The reason for getting stuck on Monday night was my fault I was very hungry and taking to big of a bite and not chewing

What do you think it could be?

I wondered because last time I had a bad stuck episode I ended up with a swollen pouch and as it started to heal i ended up with a lot of excess gas trapped under my rib cage and my side was killing me. It felt like a period but worse.

I ended up extremely constipated to and felt terrible. So I went back to liquids took some gas x and used a heating pad and a day later felt exellent.

Thay crazy cramping feeling is absolutley terrible.

I wondered because last time I had a bad stuck episode I ended up with a swollen pouch and as it started to heal i ended up with a lot of excess gas trapped under my rib cage and my side was killing me. It felt like a period but worse.

I ended up extremely constipated to and felt terrible. So I went back to liquids took some gas x and used a heating pad and a day later felt exellent.

Thay crazy cramping feeling is absolutley terrible.

That is a lot of what it feels like...gas..cramps...constipatation all wrapped up in to one. Like I said it feels better each day. I'm on liquids until lunch on Monday and at lunch I can have mushy.

Thanks for your help. If anything go wrong I always worry it's my band....lol I need to work through that.