Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my Band replaced

Trish I just found this thread. I know we talked on the phone about it and I just want you to know I'm still here for you rutting you on. You go get that new band!!! ((((HUGS))) Call if you ever need to talk... I can let your gry on my shoulders through the phone!!!

The port is NOT infected, it is the skin that is it was after i got my fill in March! the nurse at the doctors office if the port was infected I would have a lot of pain in the port area.. I just have stinging on the skin.

Im not getting the band replaced right away because my neice is getting married and I need to be there. the band I have now is not hurtting in anyway. My Dr. even gave me the choice of keeping this band or getting a new one. Im just going to see what happens.

Thanks you all for your information

The port is NOT infected, it is the skin that is it was after i got my fill in March! the nurse at the doctors office if the port was infected I would have a lot of pain in the port area.. I just have stinging on the skin.

I had an infected port and had ZERO pain. I just wanted you to be sure it wasn't a deep infection and not superficial. If you are sure and your mind is at ease then who am I to say otherwise.

Keep us posted.

My infection is not in the port. It was in the incision where the port was inserted. The skin on the top. I think what happed was a stitch that was

not desoving right or some such thing. It was not the band or port that was a problem. Thank you very much for your concern. This entire process can be scary at times can't it? My doc is right on top of my trouble with infection. I had my fill one week ago tomarrow. I have tummy cramps tonight. I think I need to find some Fiber drink or some such thing. Seems like if it isn't one thing it is two others lately. (Not really with the band just things in life) I am thank-ful for my friends here

in band land and the info and encougement I get here. Thanks!!!!

Oh belive me I am keeping an eye on it... if it does not show signs of getting better by this weekend... I am making a road trip!!! Thanks

I had an infected port and had ZERO pain. I just wanted you to be sure it wasn't a deep infection and not superficial. If you are sure and your mind is at ease then who am I to say otherwise.

Keep us posted.

Trish,

I am so sorry you are going thru all of this. I hope that the new banding works out well and your infection gets better soon.

By the way how did you get in touch with Inamed??? I want to contact them regarding the kinking that keeps occurring in my tubing!

By the way how did you get in touch with Inamed??? I want to contact them regarding the kinking that keeps occurring in my tubing!

Yeah I did, I talked to Denise and she was very nice and is looking into my band leak. She is going to talk to my Dr. to get more information on it I guess. PM me if you want her email address or phone number.

Hi Vera, I didnt get my leak check under fluoro at all, what happen was he would put 4cc or more in and let it sit for a bit while I drank Water then he would pull out what he put in and only .5cc would come out. He did that several times. I know he checked the port after he removed it and there was a leak. Now this time was my 1st fill with my new port and the same thing happened. Yeah and he did replace most of the tubing. I am just waiting now. I was going to have the surgery on April 27th but my neice is getting married April 29th so I wanted to be there for that, and his next open spot was May 25th. I am keeping an eye out on this infection and I am now on oral and cream antibiotics so I hope that they will help.. if not I will be making a road trip soon.

Hi Trish, Yes my leak was in a kink in the tubing.

I’ve read this thread over and the open sore thread. And I’ve got questions. How did your doctor know the port was leaking to be re-placed? Did you have a leak check under fluoroscopy? That’s the only real way to see the leak and know where it is. I remember being filled with over 7cc’s and no restriction. That’s when my doctor put the contrast in and we could see the leak under fluoroscopy and knew exactly where it was.

I believe I read that part of your tubing was replaced along with the port. When they did that with me it didn’t work. The part they sew together with a sleeve broke apart.

This whole infection bothers me; it could travel to your band. And why the waiting to get re-banded? Your band doc should be on this and get you fixed up ASAP. I know its hard traveling; I was going back and forth to Mexico and had to arrange for extra child care.

Hopeing the best for you.

Trish- I just want you to know that I am following your story & am thinking of you in my prayers. I hope all goes smoothly over the next month for you.

Hey girl, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you too. I hope this next band is a keeper, you've been through so much.

Hugs my dear lapband friend.