Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my Band replaced

Well a lot of you know the problems I have had with my band. I first had what we thought to be a leak in my port and that was replaced. I just went for my frist fill after my port replacement, I could feel that he was putting the saline Water in... but it didnt last but a min. or two. While testing it her put over 10cc's of the saline in, almost enough to close me off completly, but nothing, I am still the same. Conclusion I have a leak in the Band it self. How that happened, I have no idea, and neither does my Dr. He is not 100% sure it is a leak in the Band, but that is the only explanation. It is very, very rare for the Band to get a leak in it. Lucky me huh.. More like unlucky me! Well my 1 year is coming up on April 28 and I am trying to get a replacment surgery for April 27.

My Dr. did tell me that I could keep what I have, since I am not gaining and maybe even lossing a pound here and there, but I didnt come this far to maybe lose a pound here and there... I came this far and I WILL finish this!!!! I am NOT going to give up yet!!!!!

Thank you all for your support through all my problems.. Its great to have friends like you! And I need all the support right now, because I feel really bad about this.. and I feel like I got the raw end of the deal with this Band. But I know I got to stick it out and finish what I started!

Have a Good Day!!

YOU GO TRISH! You did get a bum deal but.. at least you can replace it..

Think about every thing that feels better, think that you are going to start all over and you will get to the end!!! I am rooting for you!! Your positive outlook is beautiful! Good Luck

Maybe you should contact Inamed and see what they have to offer regarding a possibly faulty band? Just a thought...

Leatha, When I was talking to my Dr. about it possibly being a faulty band, he said that after he takes out the band he will send it to Inamed for testing. I dont know If I should contact them before hand? And I dont even know how I would contact them at all.

I know that this is a very rare case.. and I could be one of the first to have a leak in the actual band it self. I have never heard of anyone having a leak in their band and neither has my Dr.

Maybe you should contact Inamed and see what they have to offer regarding a possibly faulty band? Just a thought...

I agree 100%. I'd contact them right now - today!

With all the unbandings due to erosions/slips, Id be scared to do this all over again. :tired (rebanding for any reason)

Have thought any about a revision to another WLS?

Im gonna be praying for you. Remember, we're all on this road together.

I agree 100%. I'd contact them right now - today!

With all the unbandings due to erosions/slips, Id be scared to do this all over again. :tired (rebanding for any reason)

Have thought any about a revision to another WLS?

Im gonna be praying for you. Remember, we're all on this road together.

I dont know how I go about contacting them...

No, I will not get another WLS if I can stay with the Band.. I am so scared to get anything else.. but believe me the thought crossed my mind when I was told this.

Trish,

Welcome. I had my band replaced on the 21st of February due to a leak in THE BAND and also the port. So you are not alone, and I guess I'm not either.

We are the unnorm. I sent Inamed and email asking them how common this was. I got an email right back and they asked me to call them right away to discuss it. I didn't want to do it before the surgery, and to tell you the truth I'm not sure if Im up to it right now or not.

I requested to have the band and the hospital would not let me have it back. I have my follow up appointment with my Dr tomorrow so I will try to find out where it is and if Inamed is getting it back. Most likely they will.

The was a pin whole in my band. I will find out more tomorrow and let you know.

Now as far as the surgery goes. Last time was a piece of cake this time has been harder for me. He was able to put the band back in the same place so that was good. I got sometype of an allergic reaction to either the antibiotic or morphine, so I was a mess.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks out. I still have this week for liquids and mushies.

It is like a new start however. I lost 9 pounds the first week, Ican't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow.

Some one asked me if I would do it again, and I said in a heart beat, which turns out came true. It is frustating, but for me it is the right way to go. I even asked the dr that if he thought I should go with the by-pass instead and he said absolutly not, because I have done so well and the band and I work well together.

It is scary and frustrating and strange that we out of millions had this. But for me I know that this is what God lead me to have and I still truly believe it is for me.

REBAND HUGS ((()))

Trish, I'm so sorry that you need your band replaced. (((((((((HUGS!)))))))))

I am so so sorry- but WOW you sound so strong & determined!!! I remember when you were banded b/c you & I are so close in our anniversary dates. I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers! I hope the new band is exactly what you need & lasts forever!!!

Trish ... you have such a great attitude about this! Just imagine how wonderful it will be to have a good level of restriction. You should really be proud of yourself for doing so well with a defective band!

Trish,

Welcome. I had my band replaced on the 21st of February due to a leak in THE BAND and also the port. So you are not alone, and I guess I'm not either.

Dianne, Ahhhh its nice to know that I am not alone. right now I am just going to wait and see what happens. I hope for me this surgery will be easier. I guess everyone is diffrent. I also sent you a PM. Thanks again for your info!

Let's see. Doesn't this sound familiar to me?

Been there, done that!

Had a leak in my original tubing/port - had it replaced a year ago with new tubing and lower profile port.

Actually my second surgery wasn't such a shock (I think my poor body had been through so much by then) so I really did well after the replacement - both in terms of recovery and weight loss.

Of course I'm more diligent so I just had Upper GI tests (replacement was 12 and 1/2 months ago) just to make sure everything is still OK. So far, I'm holding up!

So I'm confident you're gonna make through this fine.

HUGS!

New Sho