Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Bad Experience With Last Fill

My last fill was two and half weeks ago. It had been 2 years since my last fill. A car accident sidelined my entire life for that long.

This was my 4th fill since my surgery in 2009. Dr had a hard time locating the port. He pushed a lot on the port and that hurt a lot. Never had before. Finally got it filled. Next morning I woke up and the injection site looked like a big blister. It's still sore and healing. Two days after that fill I have to go back in and have .02 cc taken out because it was too tight to allow Water to go down without pain.

Since this fill, when I eat I feel nausous afterwards.

Any advice or anyone had a similar experience??

Hang in there it will get better. I had a simular experience. I had to have fluide took out too then about month later have more put in. Yes to start with everything made me sickish...but after a while it does go away.

Hang in there it will get better. I had a simular experience. I had to have fluide took out too then about month later have more put in. Yes to start with everything made me sickish...but after a while it does go away.

Ive never had the injection site do this before. It still is a hole, a smaller one but still an infected hole. It got to be the size of a dime. Now its the size of a pencil eraser. And Ive never had the upset tummy after fills before.

Sorry to ask but are you staying on full liquids three days after your fill? That is what my surgeon requests, plus Zofran for upset tummy.

weight.png

I had a similar situation..had a car accident and my port was detatched they ended up having to reattach it 2yrs post accident because fills were very painful..after my first fill post accident I had to have some removed and them it took about 3wks for my food to go down ok from being swollen from throwing up

Sorry to ask but are you staying on full liquids three days after your fill? That is what my surgeon requests, plus Zofran for upset tummy.

weight.png

Yep... I followed the "only liquids" to the letter. I was surprised that it swelled that much. Two days sucking on ice because by that evening nothing else would go down.

I had a similar situation..had a car accident and my port was detatched they ended up having to reattach it 2yrs post accident because fills were very painful..after my first fill post accident I had to have some removed and them it took about 3wks for my food to go down ok from being swollen from throwing up

REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Two years after your accident they discovered it was detatched? When he was pressing to find the port it hurt A LOT. It has never done that ever before. Can I ask.. how did they discover it was dislodged? What should I have him do to ck? I called the dr the day of the accident because I was worried the seat belt had maybe hurt the port because I was bruised from the belt. The office lady said to not worry unless there was pain where the port was. Oh my goodness. I wonder if that is why it hurt like the devil when he was pushing on it.

can you tell me more about your experience if you dont mind.