Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

digital, you couldnt have said it any plainer than this the us new banders. temptation is hard if your head is not in the game. not to mention eating (food) when you are suppose to be on mushies/soft is dangerous.

I just started my mushy phase today... had refried Beans with salsa for lunch. Not sure how well its going down. Seems to be a bit sluggish. Anyone else experience that? I am trying mashed potatoes tonight. I can't wait until I can eat real food again. I have been craving my favorite restraunt.

on my mushies (refried beans/salsa) was a god send and def a 100 steak in my eyes. good for you and filling.

I just started my mushy phase today... had refried Beans with salsa for lunch. Not sure how well its going down. Seems to be a bit sluggish. Anyone else experience that? I am trying mashed potatoes tonight. I can't wait until I can eat real food again. I have been craving my favorite restraunt.

Are those foods are on your list from your surgeon for mushies choices? You are still healing, and salsa, even the mild type seems a bit harsh with seasonings to me for that stage...

Also, mashed potatoes are really heavy on carbs, and will be quickly converted to sugar by the body...for the mushies stage, I was advised to have moist lean Protein, and a conservative Fiber carb choice. Everything went into the blender to be pureed.

I was not allowed to have any complex carbs (beans or potatoes of any kind) until after 6 weeks post op...

I am at restriction and can eat any food so it boils down to making healthy/ier choices and eating smaller portions. Since I live alone I don't eat out for dinner often. If I do I plan on eating half the food and bring the rest home. Half the time I end of up not eating the left overs because they are higher in cals/fat/salt than I normally eat. If I am eating at a nicer place I do have the bread as a treat. I don't normally eat bread and I certainly don't keep it in my house. I love bread! Esp. a nice high grain toasted with butter.

I have been back to basically all of the restaurants which my husband I visited on a regular basis since being banded. We very rarely visited a "fast food" restaurant, and if we did, it was Chick-fil-a.

You just need to study the menu more carefully, choose items which are diet compliance friendly, and more that half of the meal always comes home with me in a box. I usually will get 3 meals now from every dinner I order.

I love the Burrito Bowl at Chipotle. I always order one with pinto Beans, guacamole, and chicken. I omit the salsa because I don't like the cilantro. I eat half of it and save the other half for later.

When I was in the mushy stage, I was out shopping with my husband and he was "starving" so we decided to stop off at Shari's. I ordered their Loaded Potato Soup and ate about 6 bites and did not feel well. The next day I had gained almost a pound. Now, granted, a few bites of Soup won't make you gain fat, but I think all of the sodium in it made me gain some Water weight. I told my husband that I didn't think we should go out again for a while. We finally went out two weeks ago, when I was almost done with the "soft" stage and I ordered their lean omlett. Ate about half and took the other half home for lunch.

For me, restaurants are a tempting place I'm trying to avoid at all cost. Going once a month or so gives me a good opportunity to exercise my will power, and I love the socializing that goes along with it, but I thankfully now can recognize my "slippery slope" situations and can avoid them.

I haven't been to a real restaurant yet but my family went to Denny's a couple of days ago.I ordered moons over my hammy.pre band I'd get it with extra ham.This time NOT.I had them cut the sandwich in four.over the course of 1 1/2 hrs.of eating laughing talking I ate half the sandwich and about 1/4 of hash brown.it actually felt good to just eat and talk.it didn't look like I was over eating or under eating.I felt pretty normal it felt good and I took home left overs which never happened pre band.:-)

I was wondering if you had visited any old favorite resturants (sit down or fast food) since being banded? I know for some of us that type of food got us to a bad/unhealthy point but now that we know what we can eat and what not to eat we can do it!

I love Chickfila and I hope someday I can return and have a wrap or grilled nuggets

or

my favorite mexican food resturant with my family and have 1 enchilada (granted I can handle tortillas or not :/ )

right now I am mourning food and having BIG TIME withdrawals, this has been the hardest thing I have ever done but I did it for my health and my neice!!!!

hang in there... it will get better. yesterday my hubbie and i were in Mac Donalds. we were in the city .. a long day. He likes Maccas... so, here we are. I ordered ten very small chicken nuggets and the smallest chips. i was able to eat half. Hubbie had his usual. chicken burger with the lot plus a large fries. lol. i enjoyed my meal just so much... and i ate very little. i wasnt concerned in the least. now i know, i can order very very small serves of chicken, or fish and have an enjoyable meal. im sure that even these fast food outlets have very small meals that arent laden with fats etc... you would have more selection of eateries that we do. we live in country australia. So... if i can do it, everyone should be able to. the secret is... We only do this on average about once every two months !! apart from that we eat at home and i have full control in the kitchen.