Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So here lately I have been eating much more than I should be eating. I always seem to get this way right before Aunt Flo's visit! I totally take the blame for it, and am now going to have to pay the piper. I am going to put myself back on liquids for two day to give everything a rest and allow my pouch and band to shrink back up a little. This is going to totally suck, but not as much as seeing the scales go up for my ingnorance. I don't need another fill, I already have 7 in a 10cc band. I have good restriction when I play by the rules, I just need to give the band a chance to work for me. Everyone stumbles once in a while and I am not going to beat myself up for being naughty, especially since I will be extrememly ill the next two days anyways. I hope I don't pass out during zumba tonight!! :)

Does anyone else do this "reset"? This will be my second time doing it and it really worked this first time.

I have only been banded since May 14th, but I certainly had to "reset" after all the swelling went down from surgery, but before I got my 1st fill- I felt like I could eat a house. I actually started to gain some weight back and I was just NOT going to have that after everything I had been through. I followed by carb and Protein recommendations exactly- so I was quite frustrated. I decided to track everything that went into my mouth and my daily weight. Well, I soon discovered I must be eating too many calories and fat, so I cut back on that until I figured out what my limits were and still could lose. Since then, it has been much easier. and I have lost more weight than I thought possible. I made a simple table from MS Word and that is what I use to track, so if I do gain, I can look back and easily identify the problem food(s), learn from it and MOVE ON.

I see that Dr. McDowell was your surgeon- mine was done by Dr. Spaw in the same group, and I live near Nashville too. I also like their support groups. What is you carb limit per day? Mine is 25-50 net carbs. I know Dr. Morton's patients are told <25gm net carbs daily. Just curious. Godd luck to you!

What support group do you go to? I didn't know there was one. I track my calories on my fitness pal but I don't count anything else. I guess as I try to lose this last 25 pounds, that is something I need to do, count my carbs and fat too. I am in Pleasant View, north west of nashville. McDowell never gave me a strict number to follow, just to eat three meals a day with Protein, then veggies, then carbs if still hungry and no snacking. Needless to say, I don't follow the rules like that. Shame on me, I know.

Thanks for your post today. I, too, feel like I have been eating too much; too much of the "bad stuff" and not enough of the "good stuff". I am starting a modified liquid diet reset today. My plan is a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch then a reasonable dinner (salad and protein). I have found that I have been having too many starchy carbs (i.e. bread, crackers, potato chips, etc.) which, I believe, have led to me making more poor food choices. I am hoping the reset will help "detox" me from the excessive carbs I've been eating. I am also motivated to get things under control as I have a routine appointment with my surgeon next week and I don't want to admit to "falling off the wagon".

It sounds like you have a good plan for yourself. I wish you good luck.

Lizann, i too have been eating too many stretchy carbs. The good thing is that we stop the sabatoge and start over. I had coffee for Breakfast and am now eating egg drop Soup from the local chinese place. I will have a weightloss shake at 2 and another at 4:30 before I go to my zumba class. Tonight for dinner, i will do a Tomato Soup. I should still stay below my calorie limit and will do the same tomorrow. I will do egg salad and chicken salad on my third day and hopefull be back where i need to be. It is kinda like the 5 day pouch test, just modifyied. Maybe, just maybe, it will also get this plateau moving again!! Good luck, my dear, and we will prevail!!

They have a support group the first Tuesday of every month that meets at 5:30pm in the waiting room. The next one is August 7th. Last month, they had 2 female plastic surgeons come speak about options for skin removal, etc. It was very good. Once you attend one, you can list your email address and they will send you reminders. It is interesting how each doctor does things differently. In the pre-op diet class, there were 2 patients of Dr. Morton's who were having the Lap Band with plication and then me, who sees Dr. Spaw, and who does not do pilcation. So, the nutritionist would have to go back and forth and say things like- Dr. Morton wants under 25 net carbs a day, but I then could have 25-50. That is quite interesting. I wonder if they keep up with how successful the different diet recommendations are.

hmm, that's interesting. BTW, what is picilation?