Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a my first fill friday and today I think I eat too much oatmeal to fast and now I feel very much hurt in my stomach and in my back. The pressure is killing me. I am in cold sweats and almost fainting.

Please help if enybody felt like it before!

Thanks Kati

Kati, does it feel as though the oatmeal wants to come back up? If it does, go ahead and let it. If it's not coming back up you might try walking, stretching, moving around so as to help it pass through. Don't drink anything; that might make it worse.

Welcome to the land of restriction! This is called negative behavior reinforcement. :)

Sounds like youre experiencing a PB. Try to stay calm and walk around, hold your arms up over your head and let things work their way down, but dont drink water! If you ate too much, some may have to come up if it won't go down. But mostly, try to stay calm so your body relaxes and lets the food through.

Hi and thanks to everyone who replyed to my e-mail!

Later that afternoon, I couldn't stand the pain anymore and I went in the Emergency. They did put me on morphine and they did x-ray's and bloodwork.

It happend to be a gallbladder stone that caused the pain, so I had an operation Thursday (with Lap) and came home yesterday from the hospital. I am feeling very well and really glad that my Band is still OK too!!

Thanks again! Kati

Oh geeze! I'm so glad to hear from you. I was really worried. *hugs*

I can't believe I overlooked the mention of pain in your back! I've had several gallbladder attacks and they are horrible! I thought I was having a heart attack! And it does radiate into your back. You said it was when you ate too fast, so I thought you were PB'ing. This is the PERFECT example of why people shouldn't rely on those of us here at LBT for answers to their pains and troubles. Only a doctor who can be there to examine you can really tell what's wrong and needs to be done.

I'm so glad you're ok and recovering well and that your band is OK!

Wow Kati...I was thinking Stuck and PB too! You know your body best. A PB is definatley scary and uncomfortable, but it's not the same pain as gall stones! Good call! Many many bandsters have gall bladder probs so you are not alone there. So glad to hear you are on the mend. Thanks for checking back!

Hi Kati,

I know your feeling sick, but that´s normal, because in first place you should not be eating quickly(newly banded, or if you just got a refill) or it will make your stomach hurt, I´ve heard this from people who are banded already. You have to eat slowly, no matter how hungry you are. That´s why you have to eat slowly, in order for you not to get a stomachache. and don´t worry you will be fine. Your ache is normal.

i had my gallblader out and it's the best thing i ever did...... the paid is pretty close to child birth..... OMG feels like some one is stabbing you in the back and twisting not to mention it feels like you stomach is slowing exploding,,,,, worst pain i ever felt..... hope you feel better Katie!!

Kati, now that you have felt that pain, you are now one of us. You will be amazed how well pain works to change your behaviour.

For some reason nobody knows what galbladder pain is when they are having it, most people usually assume it's something else. In my case I was pregnant and kept having attacks all thruoghout my pregnancy. I woul; keep going in and nobody thought once to check gallbladder. Mind you I was having ultrasounds. I end up delivering my baby 3 weeks early after an attack. I think the people thought I was crazy cuz they were like you are not in labor and were tired of admittinng me to the hospital. It wasn't until my daughter was 2 months old that I was diagonoised and had my gallbladder removed.

I'm glad you figured out the problem and got it solved.

Been there done that. I had my gallbladder removed several years ago. The pain is no picnic.....glad you are all better.

Do they do it laprascopically (sp?) now? Just another thing to file away in the back of my brain.

Thanks Everybody, who responded to my "gallbledder emergency"!

After being banded for almost two months and having this stomach pain, I couldn't think of anything else than: "It must be my band!" and the next thing I could think of was : "What did I do wrong!?"

Now it's all over since it was removed with a lap-surgery.

Thanks again Kati