Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had First Fill Last Week, Painful Bruising!

I had my first fill of 2cc and have horrible bruising and still very sore and tender from the injections. Is this to be expected for each fill? I also had no idea to be on liquids for 24hrs after fill.

I don't believe you should normally have brusing and soreness from a fill. I have never had either and the most that has happened was a small spot of blood about the size of the needle. I also have to be on liquids for 24 hours and then mushy food for 24 hours.

Are you normally prone to bruising?

I had my first fill of 2cc and have horrible bruising and still very sore and tender from the injections. Is this to be expected for each fill? I also had no idea to be on liquids for 24hrs after fill.

Ive never bruised from a fill even the last time that i went i was poked 3-4 times because they couldnt find my port right away. Idk why it would even bruise. Did the Dr push down on ur port area really hard??

You say 'injections' did u have more than 1 ?

I have a bruise from my last fill which was almost 3 weeks ago. The fill was not painful although the Dr did have to manipulate the needle a bit more than usual. I am sure that he must have just hit a small blood vessel , nothing to be worried about.

I have a bruise from my last fill which was almost 3 weeks ago. The fill was not painful although the Dr did have to manipulate the needle a bit more than usual. I am sure that he must have just hit a small blood vessel , nothing to be worried about.

I agree probably nothing to worry about at all, did u have a numbing injection first? these can sometimes cause bruising ..

Cazzy not sure if you are asking me or the OP. No I didn't. Never have and really can't see why one would be needed.The only exception was when I had to be unfilled in hospital after i got stuck and the unfill was done by the radiologist under fluoro.

I've had over 8 fills in the last almost 3 yrs and after every single one of them, my port area is sore and bruised for about 4-5 days. After my fill 3 weeks ago, they had a hard time finding my port and stuck me about 6x and that resulted in a very bruised and painful area. Since it happens to me every single time, I'd say it was normal.

Good luck!

Marci