Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need A Buddy/mentor! :)

Hi! I would love someone to talk to. Im not banded yet but I think about it almost everyday. Im 21 and I am basically doing this alone...so I have no one to talk to about it. Thanks guys!

Hi Alex! are you going to get banded? im 20 and alone in this journey myself.

Hey Maddie! Yes I am. I am currently on month 5 of my 6th month diet so hopefully I will get banded sometime in August! Have you been banded yet? Yea, the only people that know are my parents and my brother but we don't talk about it. I haven't even told my best friend of 11 years, so its been [pretty difficult making decisions alone.

Congratulaions! Yes I am banded. I got my band in September. Is your brother and parents supportive of you when you guys talk about it? I talk to my doctor alot about support and i go to a counselor, and it has helped. I would definitley talk to yours if I were you! How come you havent told your best friend?

hi ladies im 24 and was banded in 2010, not all of my family knows, for the reason of them not being supportive

Thats awesome! Yes, they ar! They actually are the ones who told me about wls but they know nothing about it other than its supposed to help you lose weight. So its hard to talk to them. I haven't told my best friend mainly because we have never talked about my weight before and I know it would make her feel uncomfortable. I don't want anything to change between us. She has also said negative things in the past about people to have gotten wls so I just dont go there. I am a very private and I guess shy person haha. I didn't even want to put my picture up on here but oh well. I tried talking to the counselor at the surgeons office but i didn't like her very much, I'm glad you have someone though! I need to look for another one I guess

Hey smilinginside! Thats awesome! How has your journey been so far? Luckily my parents and brother are supportive of it, but the rest of my family would 100 percent be against it. I made the mistake of telling my cousin once I was thinking about and she went off on a huge rant about how I was gonna die and stuff...so yea ill just keep it to myself right now haha.

Well i'll help out the best i can! are there any other docs in your area that could help? Smiling, what made you get the band with no support? my grandma was soo worried about the surgery and was scared i was going to die too!

Hmm im not sure, id have to research. But id def like to keep in touch so I can have someone with a personal experience with everything. :) I sit around all day at work and think about it.. probably not healthy but I want to know everything im getting into lol

well i new i needed to make a change, so i reserched it and talked to my doctor, my mom went to the surgery with me she and one of my sisters are the only ones that know, i dident tell the others, i know their will be negativity and i dont need that crap lol

my journey has been good, slow very slow in the beginning but once i started logging my food on my fitness pal i have went from 320 down to 205, i am six pounds away from saying im in the 100's i cant wait lol

For sure! It would help me out too. I'll admit, I was so scared before I went into surgery. I had no idea what i was getting into. Its nice to know what to expect before you go into it. Do you think you'll tell your friend once you get the surgery? Smiling, congratulations on the awesome weight loss!! im glad you have your mom and sis as support. right now im in a rut, i eat and eat and eat! Did you ever go through that? Im going in for a fill next week so im hoping that will help

WOW! Thats amazing, you've done a great job :) I cant wait to be in the 100's. Ive already started using the my fitness pal as part of my 6 month diet with my dr. I love it!

yes, bandster hell lol, where u dont have restriction and u can just eat lol thats why i only lost 60 pounds the first year, Maddie do you log your food? that has really helped me, Alex what is your name on mfp ill add ya

Yay! I love this website lol. Probably not, i love her to death but I don't like judgement and I have always been judged my whole life with my weight, and she is the one person who has never judged me in any way and ive never had to talk to about it or mention anything weight related to her so I wanna keep it that way haha.I know I should but Idk...maybe once i actually lose weight...or when I can no longer go out to eat all the time with her ;P

i had the same situation my best friend i was so affraid to tell her, it was like 2 or 3 months after surgery when i finnaly told her, i was scared becuase i had heard comments she had maid about other people being lazy and such, she suprised me tho and said she was proud of me for taking this step