Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Did You Eat On Your Pre Op Liquid Diet?

What were your favorite soups/broths/jellos/puddings/Popsicles/etc?

I stayed mostly with my shakes...and mixed them with 1% milk and ice in the blender to make them thick and take longer to drink. I also made an effort to continue to drink healthy amounts of Water.

I ended up having a craving for salt several times, and plain clear chicken broth was a great choice.

I was not allowed to have any pudding or Soups (only the clear broth), and I have an intense dislike for jello...

Take a day at a time...and it helps alot for you to stay busy with projects!

Best wishes...

I used Herb Ox chicken and beef broth and shakes mainly. I am not a fan of Jello at all and popsicles are not the greatest either for me. I also drank Water as much as possible and unsweetened iced tea.

Good luck!

For clears I had stock instead of broth; a lot more flavor. Don't bother with low salt broth just now worth it. You will be miserable enough without that! Full liquids Pacific brand sweet red pepper/tomato. I added Mrs Dash unsalted flavorings before heating to up the flavor. During mushies I bought name brand low fat pudding cups. I am a cheapskate but store brands are just not as good. Also during mushies mixed low fat laughing cow cheese into canned chicken and tuna instead off mayo ( a lot less cals/fat).

I am currently on my diet of EAS Advantedge carb control shakes and Water or crystal light. That is all I can have. So I have invented a crystal light slushy to help. Blend I've with a single serve pack of crystal light and enjoy with a spoon.

I'm surprised how different they are - I couldn't have any broths, popsicles, etc. but my all "liquid" turned out to include 1 Protein Bar a day and it felt great to eat something crunchy even if it tasted ick ;). I had the costco vanilla Premier Protein drinks (30 grams per) for the first week and then fat free milk mixed with carnation Breakfast essentials mixes for the second (13 grams per 1 cup). The second tasted way better but didn't have as much Protein. Good luck to you!

I'm surprised how different they are - I couldn't have any broths' date=' popsicles, etc. but my all "liquid" turned out to include 1 Protein bar a day and it felt great to eat something crunchy even if it tasted ick ;). I had the costco vanilla Premier Protein drinks (30 grams per) for the first week and then fat free milk mixed with carnation breakfast essentials mixes for the second (13 grams per 1 cup). The second tasted way better but didn't have as much protein. Good luck to you![/quote']

I know, my doc allows me to have 4 oz of chicken, pork or fish every night, 1 cup of greens and some fruit. But 2 shakes during the day.

I'm not allowed any actual chicken or meat. Just Clear Liquids, broth, Protein Shakes, SF Jello, SF Popsicles, yogurt and milk. But I'm not a big fan of dairy products.

It keeps sending before I finish what I'm typing! Haha anyways, I'd like to thank you all for your replies and look forward to trying some of your ideas!