Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stretched Pouch?

Ow do you know you have a stretched pouch or need another fill??

I had my second fill about three weeks ago and can still eat a cup and not be completely satisfied!

Just need a little help, thanks!

Miss

I could eat whatever I wanted till fill #6. Fill #3 I noticed some restriction but I could still eat most anything I wanted. You just need more fills.

BTW-You can't stretch your pouch if you've never had restriction and trust me, if you stretch your pouch, you will know it. It's not going to be fun.

tmf

Thanks so much! I have heard so many stories about people stretching their pouches by eating way too much! Guess I am just a worry wart!

Thanks for the info!

I could eat whatever I wanted till fill #6. Fill #3 I noticed some restriction but I could still eat most anything I wanted. You just need more fills.

BTW-You can't stretch your pouch if you've never had restriction and trust me, if you stretch your pouch, you will know it. It's not going to be fun.

tmf

Totally agree i took around 5 to 6 fills to get to my sweet spot and not be hungry so much and eat smaller portions .. just be patient things will change with more fills :)

I have had two fills and still not feeling restriction yet as well. My appetite is more diminished and that's not a bad thing. I have 6 cc's in a 11cc band. Scheduled for another fill on 7/3.

It took me at least 4 fills to really feel the restriction as well. I am now at 8.75cc in a 14cc band and feeling GREAT. I lost 17lbs in 7 weeks, and my dr was hesitant to give me another fill on Monday. However, I was getting hungry every couple of hours and I knew it was time. So, he gave me the fill (after having to manipulate and flip my port back over) and I can definitely feel this fill. Its wonderful!!

Fill 6 for me too! I was pretty tight for two months and then I loosened up a bit. Going in for fill #7 in two weeks but it'll be a small one.

Ever hear of anyone maxing out their band?

I have maxed out my band and have no restriction. I had my surgery almost 3 years ago (4/2009) and only lost 12 pounds (right after surgery - too sore to eat anything). I have been back and forth to the doctor with no results. I finally stopped going, haven't gone in a year. I am looking for a new doc to work with but so far no one wants to see me. They only work with their own patients. So, needless to say it was a total waste. btw I needed to lose about 50 pounds or so. If you read my labworks the numbers are wonderful - but then you look at me - I'm only 5' and you can see I need to lose the weight. Hopefully, you have a great doctor. My surgery went well, but they aren't used to the process failing and my docs don't know what to do.

wow, I am so sorry to hear that. Have they done a fluoroscopy to make sure the band was properly situated and no leaks from the tubing or port?

Yes, I had that done and everything was fine. The only time I ever felt some restriction was a couple of weeks afterwards. Ate to fast and I PB. I really wish I could find a doctor close by who wl see me but so far no luck. Hopefully I will.

I go in to have my third fill on Friday. I had surg on 3/15/12 and have lost about thirty pounds! No restriction at all. Hope this one does the trick!

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your band, that sucks!

It took me at least 4 fills to really feel the restriction as well. I am now at 8.75cc in a 14cc band and feeling GREAT. I lost 17lbs in 7 weeks, and my dr was hesitant to give me another fill on Monday. However, I was getting hungry every couple of hours and I knew it was time. So, he gave me the fill (after having to manipulate and flip my port back over) and I can definitely feel this fill. Its wonderful!!

Thats what happend to me on Monday! I rarely if ever feel a restriction and when I went in for a fill the barium went down the way it was supposed to my dr saidand that I had lost 17 lb in less than 3 month she said I didnt need a fill!! Regardless I pretty much eat whatever I want except a few things!!

If you have espohageal herniation you will have reflux, bad reflux.

And mine was not caused by overeating it was caused by a fill done too tight that caused my band to slip. So be careful with the fills.