Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going On 12 Days Post Op

Monday marks 12 days post op and I was wondering a few things from people. first off I have been to see my surgeon yet, I don't go till July 5th, will be my first visit. I'm still extremely sore where my port incision is, well tender I should say, when I twist, bend over or to touch, is this normal? Second, I have no energy, I'm weak. I got up this morning to go to church and it took all I had to muster up the energy to shower, dry my hair, fix it, put make up on and go but i did but I had to sit in between each thing I did. It was like my legs would almost give out on me. I have no strength. I wanted to be able to exercise but there is no way, I have no energy. Here is a list of my meals today: Protein Shake this morning, about 3 oz of Tilapia (grilled) and a couple of bites of baked potatoe for lunch and dinner I had about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese and for snack a greek yogurt that had 15 gms of Protein that was fat free. My doc sent me home with a diet of 24 hr all liquids then after that mushy foods. Not sure of the caloric intake of all of this as lunch was out at O'Charley's and I ate off of my mom's plate. The cottage cheese was fat free. I just don't understand why I have no energy. Help, anyone!

Thanks

Donna

Monday marks 12 days post op and I was wondering a few things from people. first off I have been to see my surgeon yet, I don't go till July 5th, will be my first visit. I'm still extremely sore where my port incision is, well tender I should say, when I twist, bend over or to touch, is this normal? Second, I have no energy, I'm weak. I got up this morning to go to church and it took all I had to muster up the energy to shower, dry my hair, fix it, put make up on and go but i did but I had to sit in between each thing I did. It was like my legs would almost give out on me. I have no strength. I wanted to be able to exercise but there is no way, I have no energy. Here is a list of my meals today: Protein shake this morning, about 3 oz of Tilapia (grilled) and a couple of bites of baked potatoe for lunch and dinner I had about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese and for snack a greek yogurt that had 15 gms of Protein that was fat free. My doc sent me home with a diet of 24 hr all liquids then after that mushy foods. Not sure of the caloric intake of all of this as lunch was out at O'Charley's and I ate off of my mom's plate. The cottage cheese was fat free. I just don't understand why I have no energy. Help, anyone!

Thanks

Donna

could you step up your Protein drinks?? and, as well as .... are you taking any Vitamins? i was washed out for weeks after my surgery but then it all lifted and ive been fine since. i think that just getting over the surgery itself is a biggie... and there is the change of diet as well... a lot has happened to your body at once. im sure you will come right..

could you step up your Protein drinks?? and, as well as .... are you taking any Vitamins? i was washed out for weeks after my surgery but then it all lifted and ive been fine since. i think that just getting over the surgery itself is a biggie... and there is the change of diet as well... a lot has happened to your body at once. im sure you will come right..

yes I suppose I could step up on Protein Drinks but I considered them as a meal? I am only supposed to have 3 meals a day??? Vitamins, yes, I should be taking them, I have a luiquid Vitamin I know, I know, I should be taking it, will start tomorrow, I promise. Thanks for your suggestions and input. Yes you are right my/our bodies have to adjust and have been thru a lot I guess.

Donna

Hi i'm a newbie, havent' been banded yet, live near Paducah Ky. I go august 28th for surgery. Hope you perk up soon, I'm sure you will. Your body has been through, and is going through, a whole lot of changes. Can't wait to get started on my wt. loss. Talk to you again soon... Good luck...

It is normal to be tender amd sore, as long as your incision isn't reddened and warm (signs of infection) as far as the weakness goes, I was the same way...severe lack of energy...I started back to 3 Protein Shakes a day (plus the mushy food) and it helped CONSIDERABLY!! I know you consider them a meal, however you have to look at the overall picture...I like the EAS shakes...high Protein, Low Carb...

12 days post op isnt that long .. be kind to yourself and and rest a alot, dont expect to be full of energy and u can walk as exercise, it is good for you .. eat what u have been told to eat with maybe some fruit juice and suppliment it with some multi Vitamin, your body is adjusting to the new lower food intake so dont be expecting too much too soon and the soreness will eventually go, we all heal at different rates, just be patient and it will all be ok .. being tired after any surgery can last for a good few weeks .. rest a alot and eat well u will be ok :)

Hi Donna,

I am a newbie and have not been banded yet "waiting" but I will say that you have had a "surgical procedure" and your body needs time to heal. Your body heals from the outside first then inside or internal organs. I would make sure your drinking the correct amount of Protein and make sure your blood count (CBC and Diff) is normal-check your temp is normal 98.6 and there is no drainage out of your port-if you don't feel well in a few days, call your doctor. I would say it would take about 6 weeks till I would start to exercise, just like walking and some arm weights. I would not do any ab work or treadmill till your feeling better. I am not an expert, so I would check with your doctor. Good luck. :rolleyes: