Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills twister

I just want to share this story so others will know how fickle the band is and how fickle fills are.

Last summer I was at 1.25 and lost some but then halted. In late August, I went to 1.5 and began losing until Oct. Then I halted. In November, I was filled to 1.65 and still no change.

In January I was going on vacation without hospital access so I went down to 1.2 for two weeks. Feb 14, I had a fill to 1.5. I started losing again.

But on Feb 24 I went to Africa for a job interview and returned March 5. I had a couple of minor pbs (more like productive hiccup). Probably caused by the heat and stress. I was unable to go to fluids only due to the inability to get them.

Okay, now here is the really weird part of this. I have no appetite since returning home. When I eat, I am full with 1/2 cup of less. For lunch today, I had 1/2 of the filet from a fish sandwich. For snack, I had 1/3 of a S beach bar. I don't know if i'm getting enough food in but I'm not pb-ing and have lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I think I found my sweet spot....even though I've been there before.

Now is the twister. I believe I am moving to Africa April 2nd. Since I am so sensitive to heat, I think I need to get a little reduction but I don't want to go back to 1.2 since that gives me no restriction.

I don't expect any answers I just wanted to vent. Its like I am going through so much right now - sold my house, car, furniture, mowers, etc this week. And I have to worry about how much fill.

It wouldn't be too much of an issue but Malawi has no US approved drs. You have to fly to S Africa for any medical assistance.

Thanks for letting me vent. I will post more on my trip and move in the lounge later.

PS I just want to Celebrate because on Tuesday I will be 49 years old and I weigh 49 pounds less than the day I turned 48!!

I am so curious - what is it that you do?? I know it's really none of my business, but sounds so cool to be able to uproot and relocate like that!!! I am excited for you!!!!!! Wish I could do that (about the farthest I get away from home is the Walmart across town!!)

~cheri

I will be an advisor to the Minister of Finance - specifically for budget but available for IT, accounting, auditing, etc. Today its hitting me again - I'm moving around the world...

Hmm, I think I'd rather get stuck in Malawi with too little fill than too much. If you have too little, you can schedule yourself to go to South Africa for more at your convenience, rather than be in an emergency situation to get unfilled.

I was just wondering about the fill thing myself. I have had 2 cc in the band for a year, and have lost very little weight (to be honest, none). I have been putting off a fill because I still want to eat. It's not like I can, "Eat like I am going to the Chair", but I can eat too much. So.......... a couple of weeks ago I am in NY, and I am ready to lose weight again, so I set up to get a fill. they put in .5 cc, now I have 2.5 cc and I am happy to be losing weight again, right ?????? Wrong !!!!! I can still eat as much as I did before. Not from the first, but 3 weeks out and I can sit and eat a whole meal. So I am going for another fill, if I can get an appointment. You see in Florida it ain't that easy to get a fill, got to use another doctor. Anyway, you sound like you got a cool job, and just for me........ I would love to be where you are (band wise, I mean). Feeling my restrict. If your band is too tight, you can't drink Water, right?? Anything but that is cool, right? I mean, I ain't gon'a strive, right? Too much excess for the body to live off of. I could probably not eat for a month and still have a lot more to go on :confused: . WELL......... I hope you the best of luck in you new adventure, Peace.

Butch

it's a good job you cant see my face cos it's green with envy;) how great to be travelling good luck road queen, i will be looking forward to your entries on here.... jenny