Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Yesterday, Home From Hosp Today

So, here's what it was like...

Surgery was at 7:30. They loaded me up with Versed before going into surgery so I was happy and have amnesia from that point until I woke up in my hospital room.

I was and still am extremely sore in the entire abdomen area. Every thing causes excruciating pain. I'm on Tylenol with Codine and it does help, but I hate the way it makes me feel in the head.

The gas pains were not as bad as I expected.

Walking really does help - it's just that getting up and down is difficult.

I can barely eat or drink but manage to get down about 20oz of Water and 8-12 oz of Protein Drink.< /p>

Other than the extreme pain in the abdomen, I don't have anything to report.

I don't regret doing this. I'm glad to be on the other side and ready to recover.

Right now I don't know how much I've lost nor do I care. I'm just to sore to care.

I'll update more later.

This is about as long as I can sit up.

Good for you, thanks for the update stay positive and soon you will no longer be sore. Keep us posted on your progress. I will be banded on 06/11/2012. So all info is greatly appreciated.

Now on day 3 and it's just bloody awful pain all over the entire abdomen. No improvement yet. In fact, it's worse than day 1 and 2. Hope it's better tomorrow...

Fighting to get anything down. I haven't thrown anything up, THANK GOD! I think vomiting would kill me or at the very least split me open all over. Nevertheless, even liquid goes down VERY slowly and threatens to come back up.

No regrets, but I can understand those to do....

Hang in there I'll be banded 6/26 it seems everyone has different problems all the info helps stay strong

My turning point was day 5. It gets better!

Hi, Was operated on Tuesday 6/19. Felt pretty sore through Wednesday and Thursday. But today I have soreness only around port area and some bruising there. Could hardly tolerate anything first two days but have increased each day and I too am walking and it helps with the gas pain.

I weighed myself yesterday(Thursday) already down 5lbs from day of surgery. I don't expect it to be that quick all the time but it felt good to see it on the scale right after surgery.

Everything gets better with time. Stay strong, be faithful to the plan and things will be great!!!

Did your surgeon give you anything for the nausea? Mine gave me a wonderful anti-nausea medicine plus the pain meds.. (phenigern?)

I have not had any nausea. If you feel nauscious call your doctor and they should be able to give you something. On my list of things to have at home after surgery is Maalox Plus, maybe that might help you out. But if it continues you should call them. Also, if you are having to much troube with getting fluids down tell your doctor that also. My son has a lap-band and when he had his put in he could not drink and there was still some saline in the band and he had to go to the office and have the saline removed. Your band should be empty right now. You should have no problems Fluid anymore.

Good Luck!

I'm now 4 days out. No more nausea but I also have not had pain mess in 2 days and that was the source of the nausea.

I have terrible pain in the port area. Can hardly move w/o excruciating pain. I guess this is normal.....?

Gas pain is 70 percent resolved.

I get very hungry but then can only drink about 3 oz of Fluid and then I'm uncomfortable. No complaints about that!

Sadly I've only lost 1 pound. How can that be?!?! 5 days w/ little more than 500 calories a day and just 1 pound?

Any thoughts on the port pain? How was your port on day 4 ish?

Day 4 here - gas pain was the worst. Especially when it moved. Lower intestines back to diaphragm, up to shoulder, back down to diaphragm - I thought I was going to DIE!! Last night, it finally eased up a little and this morning I feel A LOT better.

No real incision pain unless I jerk or twist suddenly. They itch though... And I have no idea where my port is. I don't want to mash around on my tummy and make it hurt if it doesn't need to.

I haven't been paying attention to how much fluids I've been taking in. I know a lot of Water b/c I felt dehydrated and had very bad dry mouth. I just take it in very slowly and have only had trouble when I took a big gulp - which happens with everything b/c I forget..

So sorry you're feeling so bad. Hopefully today will be better.

I'm day 6 now and feeling great. Went to Walmart this morning and have basically went back to my regular self. Not real hungry. Been drinking more fluids and enjoy Jello and sugar free popsicles. The only place I feel anything at all is around the port, but really hardly anything. I've lost 11 lbs. since surgery and I am thrilled. So since the two weeks of liquids and Optifast before surgery and up until now I have

Hope everyone else does good as the days go by......

to continue my last statement before my computer went nuts I have lost 21 lbs. since June 5th.

thanks for the insights! i get banding on monday, july 2