Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Marylanders!

sylviau
Sign in to follow this  

hey fellow marylanders...

just wanted to say hi! i'm having my surgery on july 2... are you guys already in post op? where did you have it done and who was your doctor??

sylvia

Hi,

Welcome to the Maryland Bandsters! That is really cool your on your way to a new life ahead ............. :) I am getting myself ready now, eating less and I exercise alot now. I will be doing more liquids than solids in August. As far as I know, my doctor does not do the preop liquid diet. I wish you all the best and feel free to post when you find some interesting topics.

Annette

I went to the beach for the weekend and didnt exercise and ate some subs and drank 2 glasses of wine, last night the scale says 204LBS WHAT!

Yes, getting used to eating better now will definitely make a difference when you have a more strict diet later, when closer to the surgery! and it will help the surgery go better!

and ohhhhhh a sub!!! i would love a sub!! ;) hehe

and dont worry about the number... it'll come down quickly!

Hi Maryland Bandsters, My name is Joyce and I was banded August 2008. I have a strange story - my doctor stopped taking insurance and told me during my 1st fill. I saw 2 other doctors and both told me they couldn't fill me because my port had turned. I was so upset that I just sat for 3 years, not gaining or losing. My daughter saw Dr. Singh in Baltimore and had the sleeve on Feb. 8th. I talked with him about doing a revision to the sleeve on me and he said we should try to work with my band first before going to a revision. Well he asked if he could try to fill it and I said sure and he did it!! He was able to fill it. I couldn't believe it. I wasted 3 years feeling sorry for myself. Since March 22, my fill date with him, I have lost 33 lbs. I go for another fill June 28th. Hopefully my weight will keep going down and I will finally be on my way! I am a little jealous that my daughter has lost 65 lbs since Feb. 8th. I'm glad for her but also jealous. I want that kind of weight loss. Good luck to you all on your surgeries.

Hi Joyce!

sorry to hear of that ordeal! I'm glad you are finally on your way to losing and being healthy! 33 pounds is great! keep it up!!

Sylvia

Hi Joyce,

Keep up the work in the basic rules that we should follow for weight loss! :D Keep us posted and if you have any troubles, give us a scream out

Hi everyone, Hope you have a safe and cool 4th of July. I just wanted to update you, I had a fill on June 28th. 1/2 cc. Since that day, I am down 8 lbs. I am so excited. Finally a downward movement. I go back in 3 month. We will decide on a fill then. Be safe.

Hey Everyone,

I didnt cheat on my 4th of July event. I had a turkey burger and made low fat salads. I made the right choices to stay on track!

:rolleyes: I did not cheat at all YAY