Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to get the Lapband surgery. I am getting it next week Monday June 25. I am so excited. Can I Loss 100 bls. I hope so.

Linda

With drive and motivation I am sure you can do it. Just remember the first month after surgery is for healing. Don't be surprised if the scale goes up or down during this time. You're body has to heal and it also has to adjust to the new band. A lot of banders said even though they researched a long time before having the surgery they wish they were more prepared with the slow start. I am not trying to discourage you by any means here. I went through a couple of weeks of anger, depression and at times felt like I made the wrong surgical choice.

We all work so hard with preop diets, all the random tests they want us to do and then sit through the ever waiting period of insurance approval (assuming you're not a self pay) and then when surgery day comes and goes we immediately expect to see the results of all that hard, long preparation. In most cases it is not immediate. It will take time and continued patience but if you work at it the scale movement will come. Tracking food was huge for me when I got back on solids because I was so focused on eating the right things I didn't monitor the quantity very well. For a lot of people eating after surgery is almost the same as eating before surgery because most Doctors do not put any saline in the band until 4-6 weeks after surgery.

Hope that helps. Like I said I am not trying to discourage at all. I was banded 4/16/12 and I would do it again tomorrow if I had to. Band does work if you work with it and remain patient.

Good luck and let us know how you're progressing...

Jim

I wanted to lose 100lbs, I lost 80 and I fight with that last 20, . One of the Drs said you women you get to 20lbs from goal and your head goes on vacation. My head has been travling for 18 monthes. but I still love my band.

I have found that when my band is very restrictive I am getting stuck several times a day and I feel pretty crappy so I have just not gone back for more fill I am at 5.5 and I have maintained my weight loss with no problems...

I believe you can lose 100 pounds based on the research I've read and on the experiences of some of the individuals who post on LBT.

I've lost 152... 80 to go. Don't doubt it at all! I WILL DO IT!

Good Luck!

Yes, it is possible to loose 100 pounds and more...but the band is no magic solution. The successful weight loss journey takes perseverance and determination...and a good deal of patience.

Keep in mind that you did not gain all of the weight you want to loose overnight...and it will take months or more to reach your goals.

Take a day at a time, and try to avoid becoming obsessed with your scale.

Good luck!