Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Vs Banded Gastric Plication Technique..... Weightloss

Hi, Everyone

Just wanting feedback on the Plication Technique....My Dr. is doing this procedure and the weightloss is greater for patients who had the plication vs the band.... What do you think?

hi look

my dr just performed this surgery on me 2 weeks ago. i had the lap band w/the plication.

he said it (could/may) possibly help more with band slippage in the future

and also makes the stomach smaller (similiar to sleeve w/o cutting) and that

would also help in the weight loss. i am hoping as i heal to get more feedback on this.

i have read online that is does help or add up to 35% more weight loss.

granted that is only what i found online and cannot say if its true or not as it

is a kinda new surgery.

i am thinking positive thoughts with this.

I believe the results are better .... I am thinking of doing it. I just found out my friend had it and she has lost 54lbs in 4 months. Good Luck

If it's free, I'd do it.

It supposedly is supposed to pose less of a risk of band slippage and the band shouldn't need as many adjustments. You should come out of surgery only physically able to eat a small amount. It does not actually remove any part of the stomach, but the risks are that the folding can cause death of tissue.

If it's free' date=' I'd do it.

It supposedly is supposed to pose less of a risk of band slippage and the band shouldn't need as many adjustments. You should come out of surgery only physically able to eat a small amount. It does not actually remove any part of the stomach, but the risks are that the folding can cause death of tissue.[/quote']

It is "free" with anyone using insurance as there is no billing code for it yet. I can tell a huge difference in my appetite at three weeks out. I think it gives you the additional tool you need right away and no "bandster hell" I have no regrets and am happy I did this vs. the sleeve! Necrosis is a complication but my doc said it depends on how it is done and how tight the stitches are... He has had 0 cases of necrosis on 72 patients... He just started doing it last year and most are still going the way of the sleeve, but I'm 100% sure this is the best choice I could make! Good luck, whatever your decision is!

Keep us posted

It is "free" with anyone using insurance as there is no billing code for it yet. I can tell a huge difference in my appetite at three weeks out. I think it gives you the additional tool you need right away and no "bandster hell" I have no regrets and am happy I did this vs. the sleeve! Necrosis is a complication but my doc said it depends on how it is done and how tight the stitches are... He has had 0 cases of necrosis on 72 patients... He just started doing it last year and most are still going the way of the sleeve, but I'm 100% sure this is the best choice I could make! Good luck, whatever your decision is!

Maybe it is free for your Dr, but I have read of people who are using insurance and the surgeon will do it if they pay extra. You're right in that there probably is not a billing code for it yet. I would have paid extra if my surgeon was doing it, but she is not.

This is what my surgeon wants to perform on me he said he gas has great success rate with the patients he has done so I'm thinking yes and he isn't charging anything extra they need the numbers high so they have actual stats after a few years to suppose the success and eventually the insurance companies will support the procedure

per the death of the tissue, that is a (chance) but from what i was told and watched on video of the surgery, the death of tissue can occur is the stomach is folded in itself (very high up towards the band)??? my surgeon told me and from the research i have done on it, death of tissue is very rare but it does happen.

it was a chance i was willing to take (especially since nothing was cut).