Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Stop Eating!!!

I think this thread is a perfect example of how valuable this forum can be. It is great to be able to admit to being on a binge eating spree knowing that audience understands, does not judge and offers support and help.

Reading this thread reinforces to me the value of being a participant of this forum.

Paula, we all have ups and downs in our progress but your honesty and courage is spectacular. Thanks to everyone on this thread and in this forum, it is great to have a place to go were people understand.

I am a littel bit confused. I thought after the band, if we pulled a gorge ourself episode, we would get sick or be miserable, physically.

While we all send you our prayers and/or good wishes

Brother - Im feeling it too!

How ironical, I woke up today fighting a stomach bug (kids had it, guess its my turn). So far, Ive had only one cup of coffee (only 1 - so you KNOW Im not right). My stomach is so unsettled. When I think of burnt toast, I gag.

Maybe this is my "cage"?

Ill take it.

Susan, that picture made me cry.

It needs to be right up there at the top of the page, next to the "lap band". How perfect for THIS thread. This pictures speaks a thousand words... I needed that.

To all of you who have responded: there are no words I can say that express my appreciation for what you have done for me (and possibly others). I have read each response a dozen times.

Thank you God for support groups.

I am a littel bit confused. I thought after the band, if we pulled a gorge ourself episode, we would get sick or be miserable, physically.

Sometimes I DO get sick and pb... which I turn around 15 minutes later and eat something else.

But lately my food just passes on through. When I get the stuffed feeling, it only last (the longest) about an hour. Why? Because Im eating crap - and crap foods just slide through the band.

Paula, everyone has made such wonderful replies I haven't known what to say!!! But I have been keeping up with this thread, wondering what will happen next.:rolleyes Glad you found your cage...God has a way of making good things out of bad. Stomach bugs and all, huh? And right on time, when you reach out, and not last week when you were hiding in the dark with your carb binge.

So, is the sig fixed now? 185, huh? Okay, here's some "kick your butt" because I'm 186-188 these days and I joined Curves again, so watch out! Don't let me pass you by! You have been ahead of me all along, so don't lose it now, okay? You can do this! You ARE doing it!

I'm so proud of LBT. This is what it's all about. Great pic P'nut.

Hi Paula - I have been following this thread - hoping that you could find an answer to the eating. See I have been doing it so I did not want to offer any advice especially if I was not following it.

Paula~

I am having the same problem lately!! Things I don't even like are finding their way into my mouth.

Do you think it has anything to do with our "hunger" for Ace???? Need to do something with all that excess saliva!!!!!

Seriously, I am totally sympathizing with you!!! I will be reading this thread to steal all of the ideas people are giving you!!!

~cheri

Hey Hey Paula (okay I'm dating myself here lol)

How are you feeling ? I just now am able to catch up on some of these posts and I came across yours... Girl, all I have to say is "I FEEL YOUR PAIN" shoot, who doesn't.

Okay, you know what helps me get back on track? I will fast for 1 day or 1 1/2 days. By doing this, its almost like I'm riding the sugar cravings out of my body. When I'm done fasting, I seem to crave Protein, weird eh~

How's it going today ?

I dont have a band, but you remind me of myself to the T. Cereal - ESPECIALLY FRUITY PEBBLES.. is a huge no no. I dont binge because of emotional stress, or boredom. I binge because I get addicted to the taste of sugar, and the taste.. whether its fruity pebbles or toast. I use to do that as a child, Iw oudl toast a loaf of bread, and then butter them up and THEN sprinkle sugar on top-- (nasty!!).. and it use to taste so damn good.

my suggestion is to just get rid of that stuff, get it out of the house..

preoccupy yourself, distract yourself from the taste, work as much as you can, and your free spaces you must go out, go shopping, walk the dog, make appointments with clients/your friend whoever..

try to have a structured time for eating with preplanned meals to prevent the snowballing of tastiness.

Hey Y'all - thanks for asking.

Here's the deal... due to Friday's stomach bug, I still have a decreased appetite (high-five for me!).

So, yeah - Im doing REAL good right now!

Since Ive been "cleansed" of carbs, I feel like I can get back on the right food track!

Chabutter, there must be something about pre-planned meals. A couple of other members said the same thing - PLAN YOUR MEALS! And thinking about it, thats what Jenny Craig, Nutrsystem, and so many others diets - gear you towards.... planning meals.

Looks like thats my game plan for the week ahead.

anyone interested in making a daily/weekly meal plan with me? I need good suggestions.

Glad your back on track Paula. I agree with the planned meals, it leaves less room for making bad decisions. I do my cooking on Sundays for our dinners during the week. That doesn't mean I won't grab a candy bar out of the vending machine, but it does help me some what stay in line :)

My breakfast's are usually the same, either turkey bacon or oatmeal b/c I'm on the run to work, so its gotta be simple, the turkey bacon I cook the night b/4 in my nuker.

lunch is 90% salad from our work cafeteria, once in a while I'll have their Soup.

dinner is what ever I make on Sundays.

NOW...the tricky part and the hardest to me is the in between snacking...thats what sabotages my wl efforts. But I keep trying.