Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cant Stop Eating!!!

Jonathan great advice! Paula gurlfriend my chips and dip sistah. You know how we love the stuff:p so every now and then we have to have it:hungry:. With that said you have done a wonderful job with the weightloss,:clap2: so we know that this is not an everyday occurence. Tomorrow is a new day. I have one day that I let be my eat whatever I want day. This is always on a Thursday. I find that this works for me. I also know that when you start out the day eating carbs that is usually how you will end it. Just say that today was a bad bandster day but tomorrow I will be okay! You are a great motivator and an inspiration to us all. So you had a not so good day today , so what you still are 70lbs down! You will be fine!

DeeDee

Paula, A trick I have found for bingeing is to have only good things for me around and allow myself to eat as much stuff,but it has to be the good stuff. Some things I include are beef Jerky and links, nuts,refried Beans with salsa on corn chips, turkey or chicken luncheon meats with cheese. By filling up on Protein based Snacks you don't get alot of calories, it takes longer for you to digest it and you won't feel as much regret the day after. I have been able to satiate my binges this way. Of course there is the rare days that I really don't care-i'm feeling stressed- and want to eat the world. I allow myself some of those days and just regroup after my temporary loss of sanity. Anyways know that the boat you are in is no tugboat but more like a oceanic cruiser.

T

*snickers* Get her Penni!

*hugs Paula* Ive been sending positive thoughts you way, Paula. Hope youre feeling them.

*snickers* Get her Penni!

OK Susan when I saw that I thought SNICKERS how dare she tempt me with a candy bar. Then I realized what you meant. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Hi,

My friend just sent me an email today about a book called "The Diet Cure". It's a new book and the author claims that her program will erase carb and sugar cravings. I believe it's based on taking Omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids as supplements along with a fruit/vegetable/whole grain diet. There are tons of great testimonials on her Website. If you go to Amazon.com and type it in the search the book comes up along with alot of positive testimonials. I'm thinking of giving it a shot when I can start eating normal food again.

Not an expert by any means, but perhaps you need to eat more Protein. It seems the more I eat the less hungry I am.

I agree with so many here. I was having Cereal for Breakfast but it just kept me eating all day. :hungry: Start your day with some Protein ie a shake that you actually like, don't stress about the carbs too much, it has to be a better choice then the toast. LOL I like Slim fast Optima and Atkins Advantage or have 2 eggs and some meat, no juice, no sugar, no bread. Get some almonds, cheese sticks or even Pork rinds. A hot cup of tea can really help when you want something and just not sure what.

Good Luck we have all been there but we can get through it

Is burnt toast a Southern thing? Paula, we're in the same boat. I cried to my doc last week so he made an appointment with for diet school (as if I don't know "what" I'm supposed to eat.)

My friend bought positive affirmation tapes to listen to as she falls asleep. Instead of all the thoughts about how bad we ate, we replace those thoughts with how good we are. Cadydid told me this, and now my friend bought some tapes.

Remember, no matter how bad you eat, you are a beautiful, LOVED, amazing woman at any weight.

Cadydid told me this, and now my friend bought some tapes.

Oh my goodness I am a beautiful, LOVED, amazing woman at any weight while eat some cadydids. I love those candies.< /p>

Thanks guys ~ You are all so awesome!

This "binge" has been going on for 3 weeks. Not 1 day, not even 2 or 3 days... but weeks. Each day getting worse and worse.

Its the carbs. I crave literally CRAVE something sweet ALL the time. This has become an addiction.

Thinking about Jonathan and Penni's comments.... I think this started with sleep deprivation. My body was lacking something in one area (sleep) - so I was trying to make up for it in another area (food). Other then that - the kids driving me totally nuts at times - which makes me want comfort foods.

Funny thing, when I eat bad - by family eats bad! So Im guilty for hurting the enitre family....

I just need to start over. Cleanse my sytem out.

Im thinking that maybe I need a cage?

That reminds me of an acronym I learned once... it's HALT. The theory, is that binge eating is often triggered by someone getting too

Hungry

Angry

Lonely or

Tired

It sounds like maybe the T is getting to you, Paula.

However, at this point, since it's been going on for three weeks, you've moved beyond the point that knowing what's "eating you" will just make you stop ... um ... eating. After 3 weeks, it's habitual -- as you said, an addiction.

You're among people who aren't very good at breaking the food habit, so, at the very least, you're in good company.

While we all send you our prayers and/or good wishes, let me shine light on the pitfall that gets me EVERY time I get into your predicament:

Don't focus on having a perfect day.

I know that may seem counterproductive, but that line of thinking is one of the things that has kept me trapped in my cycle time and time again. I want the one perfect day to get me started on my "diet", and I might do fine until 6:00 PM, but then I eat a bite of candy that I shouldn't have had, and since my "perfect day" is ruined, I decide that I might as well eat whatever I want for the rest of the day and try for my "perfect day" tomorrow.

Rather than focusing on having a perfect day, just focus on making your next choice the right one. If at some point you fail, keep your eyes on the ball, and focus on making your *next* choice the right one.

If you want some accountability (something that always works for me), find someone to send a food journal to. Be honest and write down EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth, and share it openly.

Beyond that, I probably have nothing useful to offer you -- but that's ok, because you don't need it. You have everything you need inside you -- that's more than obvious by the success you've had and the help that you've offered to so many of us on LBT.

We love you, and we're all sending nothing but good thoughts your way.

Jonathan

Beyond that, I probably have nothing useful to offer you -- but that's ok, because you don't need it. You have everything you need inside you -- that's more than obvious by the success you've had and the help that you've offered to so many of us on LBT.

OMG.. is this guy great or what?! Jonathan, you are so right on the money with your advice! You probably have nothing useful to offer? Gee whiz, I think you're offering the very thing that every one of us needs to hear. We all have everything we need to beat this thing, right here inside of us. We've just told ourselves for so long that we don't have the ability to make the right choices, that we've come to believe it. As long as we don't give up, we don't fail. Paula's reaching out for help, she's still trying, and she will get past this. I know she will!

Sunta's post about the book - the amino acids? those are the building blocks of protein! Force yourselves to eat Protein, use some good old fashioned pissed off will power for a few days and you'll be surprised at how much you can eliminate the carb addiction. It's a slippery slope, but not impossible to climb back up. Especially when we are surrounded by people who are reaching out to help.

I saw this bronze in an outdoor museum yesterday, and I stood there with tears in my eyes as I looked at it because it reminded me of all of us here - why we are here. I hope you don't mind me sharing it. To me, it seems to illustrate what's going on in this thread.

post-205630-13813132977443_thumb.png

Hi Paula, such good advice has been given here!! :biggrin1: I don't think I can top any of it. It's right on!!!

I just thought I'd add a few things:

Remember that pre-band, you probably would have gained 20 lbs. with your 3-week binge. I don't know if you've gained any weight or not over the past 3-weeks, but at least it's not what it could have been!!!! :paranoid

Yeah for our bands!! It keeps us from REALLY BLOWING IT!!!

I saw that you mentioned your kids drive you nuts at time. HA!! I have 3 kids & know EXACTLY what you mean. :) We love um, but there are some days when you just want 2 hrs. alone without the whining, fighting & knocking on the bathroom door while you TRY to get 3 min. of peace. :hurt

I sympathize AND empathize with you in every way. When I've had my binges in the past I recognize the problem & the "real" reason why I'm doing it, have a good cry & tell myself I have to end this insanity!!!! A good talk with a friend or my spouse & I'm feeling better. I then have one last pity party to get it all out of my system. I'm fine the next day & can go on with my life.

You can do it Paula!! You got a ton of "friends" here who all are rootin' for ya!! Now, put down the fruity pebbles!!!

Great picture Susan. I like it. People helping people. Did you ever think you would have this many friends in one place, all over the world. What a neat feeling.