Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Were Your Favorite Mushies?

I have just started the mushie or soft food stage and I would live to hear what you really liked during this stage. I will be on it for four weeks.

Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, retried Beans, sweet potatoes, baked potatoes, split pea Soup, ricotta cheese w/pizza sauce, ( awesome)

canned tuna/chicken/salmon, hummus, eggsalad!

The possibilities are endless!!!!!!

I actually looooved the mushy stage:)

I just started mushies this week and as we all have learned on this site, all dieticians and dr's seem to recommend totally different diets. I met with my dietician on Tuesday and they gave me lists of menus to use as a guide. Last night I had a 1/4 of a all wheat tortilla with shredded cheese and taco seasoned burger and it was delish! I hated that I was full! My head wanted more! Lol. I then used same wheat tortillas for a wrap today of low fat deli meat, shredded cheese, very light mayo and rolled it up and cut in half and had half for lunch. Why had I never tried wheat tortillas before? I think they may be better than white ones! Lol. Tonight i have wheat flat bread or some piece of bread that I am going to make mini pizzas on for the whole family. I also had chicken one night with a boiled potato and a 2 ounce burger with tater tots one night. all good and none seem to bother me. I havent made it over 600 calories a day yet though but thats okay I think. Lol. The only things she really advised against at this stage was the white bread and Pasta, an obvious, were things that are hard like uncooked veggies, salads and I'm sure nuts but i dont think she said those. July 5 I can eat pretty much eat anything that is healthy is the plan.

Cream of wheat with added Protein Powder was awesome this morning! I'm on day two of mushy and have really enjoyed eggs (salad or scrambled). Tonight is broiled tilapia and creamed spinach. Yum! Refried Beans with an ounce of low fat shredded cheese sounds great too!

I would puree low fat refried Beans with a splash of taco sauce and a pinch of the Weight Watchers shreded cheese. Heat it up and it honestly taste like a Taco Bell bean burrito.

I also pureed canned chicken with low cal vegetable flavored cream cheese and sour cream. Or, tuna with some low fat mayo and these pickled spicy garlic pieces. Gave it tons of flavor but also blended very well.

Keep in mind, when I was adding ingredients to the main Protein dish, I used very small amounts, just enough to get the right texture.

Other than the more "fun" meals, I did a lot of pureed carrots, green Beans, berries, and greek yogurt.

I'm finding the "soft/moist" stage actually harder than mushies. Maybe because I'm scared of getting stuck? Even though my band is empty (I'm just shy of a month post-op, fill is next week). It's kind of hard to find soft, moist, nutritionally fulfilling yet healthy food.< /p>

My doctor had me 1 week liquids and 1 week mushy. On my mushy phase I had cream of wheat, greek yogurt smoothies, mashed potatoes, apple sauce, puree butternut squash, carrots and my favorite of all split pea Soup.< /p>