Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I'm Stella and just had the procedure on Wednesday, June 13. I am having serious regrets now-mainly due to the gas pain. Has anyone felt like they made the wrong choice? I am scared that this awful feeling will never go away.

Thanks,

Stella

hey stella, yep, i am 9 days post op and thought that several times. just relax, take your meds and know soon (and you will) feel better. i posted constantly on here after i was banded saying it hurts, will it stop......this forum responded. yes it will. congrats :)

Thank you! I feel awful. Can't wait to actually be able to eat something.

HI Stella:

i also recently got banded on May 29, at first i also thought that i made the wrong choice but trust me it gets better, you just have to walk around because it does help alot and it helps you heal as well, i felt like i had a balloon in my stomach but after 3 weeks i am feeling 100% better, my incisions are a little sore but nothing that i can't handle, the meds did help with the feeling of being uncomfortable so do take it as needed. I returned to work this week and feel like i never had surgery with the exception of when i eat now, which is the mushy stage, i get full quickly. Now i can say that i am looking forward to excercise and begin this journey...Don't worry, It'll get better! I PROMISE! Good luck and just keep moving. :)

Stella, You need to walk as much as you can. I was banded 2/17/12 and I thought I had the WORST gas pains but when my bandage fell off I realized it was a bruised rib. It will get better for sure. However, please take notes on what I've learned from my band.

Starting when you are on mushies or full liquids use a TODDLER SPOON and FORK!!! Learn how to eat very slow and give time for your first bite to go down to see if you can tolorate the food. My biggest lession was eat slow and use the toddler silverware. I still use it. So many people I know get stuck alot because take big bites, don't chew well and eat way too fast.

Also, I can't put any food in my mouth for 2 hrs after I wake up and I can only have HOT liquids BECAUSE your stomach is a muscle and hot liq. will relax it.

Hope this helps... good luck

I really appreciate all the tips. I'm telling my friend I feel like I'm dying. I have been walking but I am getting so tired so easily. I'm trying to keep everything in mind and learning how to deal with these changes. I keep reading other threads trying to learn.

Hi stella,

just dropping by to see how you feel as it has been a week since your procedure. Hope all is well and that you're feeling better! :)

Thanks for checking on me. I'm itchy beyond words and just having a hard time with everything : /. I'm trying to make it best I can. I really appreciate you checking on me.

It took me 9 days to feel pretty much back to normal. Good luck!

Hi Kallets. I was reading over your post... I'm being banded in a few weeks and I'm a little more scared after more time on this forum, lol. I really hope that you find some comfort soon. :0)

Hi family girl,

As more time has passed I feel much much better. It's still hard some days, probably because it's so new. I'm really committed to sticking to the calendar and outline given to me by my doc and haven't cheated at all, so I think I've realized how often I was eating just to eat, or eating because everyone else was. The mental part is tough. I come to this site, complain, then read what others say and I remember my son deserves a healthy mom. Message me anytime! My name is Stella.

Hi Stella!

I'm glad that you are doing much better! hey this is what this website is for to give each other support and encouragement! I'm probably 2 weeks ahead of you, i got banded on 5/29 and i can actually say i feel much, much better! i go for my 4 week pre-op appt on Monday and i'm a little nervous if i'll be getting a fill or not, i'm on mushies but let me tell you i get hungry every 2 hours and i have to eat or i'll get bad stomach cramps so we'll see what they say... Stay positive!

Just got home from a day at the er. Turns out I was seriously allergic to the surgical glue. My stomach looks like its covered in blisters. The itching was bad but then the out of nowhere came the bumps. Good luck with the fill! Let me know how that goes.

HI Stella:

how are you feeling? Well i did not get a fill, but i'm eating solids now! YAYYY! :D I will get my first fill in 2 wks, i'm a little nervous about it because they say that for 24 hours i'll be on liquids until i get use to the fill, i'm a wimp so if its anything thats gonna make me feel uncomfortable or sick it makes me nervous....Well i hope you're feeling well!