Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Pre Opt Diet Help!!!!

these diets vary so much. My 2 week consists of

2 Meal Replacement shakes-high Protein for bfix and lunch

dinner-6-8 oz lean meat, 1 c. green veggie

1c. fruit-no banana

SF Jello or popsicles.

chewable Vitamin

acceptable calorie free liquids include SF juices, broths, coffee, tea, V8 juice, Water.

I personally drink loads of Water, so no problem there.

Bye bye wine.

no fats

no high sugar

no carbs or starch

0 dairy 0 fried or breaded foods.

Did your doctor tell you how much weight they wanted you to lose???? My doctor just said to lose weight and the day before of my surgery liquids, popsicles and jello! I'm still doing only liquids though just in case.

7-10 only. I am 209, so I can't go to low, although they also said that they go by first weight. I have been dieting anyways as I have vacation coming up (I always crash diet for cruising). I am afraid I am really gonna jack this up, or my liver, or kidneys or something. ughhhh.

The #1 thing that helped me get through the liquids was making a list of the 25 reasons I want to lose weight. I read it every time I felt like giving up' date=' and I still do.

If you can, try mixing it up with different textures of liquids. sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicle, and hot tea. I also literally threw away ALL the food in my house before I started.[/quote']

The list idea is great! Its helping me now! Thanks!

Did your doctor tell you how much weight they wanted you to lose???? My doctor just said to lose weight and the day before of my surgery liquids' date=' popsicles and jello! I'm still doing only liquids though just in case.[/quote']

No. I'm on day 6 and have lost 10 pounds so far. But he didn't give me a goal. But I was hoping I would lose at least 15!

I'm on day 5 and have only lost 6.8 lbs. I'm so mad and starving its pathetic!!! What am I doing wrong to not have lost more?

I'm on day 5 and have only lost 6.8 lbs. I'm so mad and starving its pathetic!!! What am I doing wrong to not have lost more?

I think mine was mostly Water weight. Also I was only getting like maybe 500 calories a day because I would only have 2 shakes. Can't stand them!

On day 4. Anyone else having bad headaches, light head, woozy?

7-10 only. I am 209, so I can't go to low, although they also said that they go by first weight. I have been dieting anyways as I have vacation coming up (I always crash diet for cruising). I am afraid I am really gonna jack this up, or my liver, or kidneys or something. ughhhh.

Once your have the approval from your insurance, you don't have to worry about dropping below the required BMI. I had to go back and repeat the 6 month diet for too low of BMI. However, once the approval was , I started on the liver shrink preop diet and dropped below again. This time it didn't matter since the insurance had already approved the surgery.

On day 4. Anyone else having bad headaches' date=' light head, woozy?[/quote']

Yess! I'm on day 7 and still get headaches. The nausea is off and on.

I start my pre-op diet next Monday, are you taking anything for the headaches? I have a list of things to purchase this week to keep me ahead for the pre-op diet and stay focused. I am going to write out my 25 reasons today and post it everywhere!!