Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been waiting for this day for over 10 months and now that i got a date i am scared. I feel like crying but i cant. I'm speechless. I'm worried that i'll regret doing this. :o

i feel the same way. what if i fail? what if its to hard? what if something goes wrong? is this really what i want, And my final answer is yes. I want to feel better, have more energy, live for my kids, affraid if i don't do it i will be in bad health in 10 years or be even bigger.

Don't be scared it will be a beginning of a new life for you. Have faith in God and in your surgeon and do what they instruct you to do and you will be so happy afterwards. You definately will not regret it. My son was over 500lbs at 23 yrs. old. He lost 125lbs. in one year and already is feeling extremely better.

I am scheduled for lap-band surgery in less than a week and I am so excited. Yes, I am nervous to have surgery again, this will be my 11th surgery on my abdomin but this one will improve my life forever and help prevent me from getting sick in the future.

I'll pray for you when I say my prayers each night Rosario_35 Be strong..... ;)

Getting a date made it real for me. I was scared,afraid,excited,happy,worried all rolled into one. But as the date got closer I got less nervous. It was the best decision for me. Good luck!

You are undergoing surgery and making a major change in your life. Despite all your reading and research, you really don't know what you are letting yourself in for until you get there. You have tried and failed at weight loss for many years (most likely) and see this as your last chance for success.

I'll bet when you sum it up like that you will understand that it's perfectly normal to be nervous.

Hang in there. You can do this. You really are well prepared and you have a great support team around you - don't you?

I had the same thoughts. I was emotional one second, then the next second it felt completely surreal. I couldn't believe I was going to go through with it. Didnt become real until they put that IV in and starting rolling me to the OR!

Despite the struggles I am glad I did it. God took care of me. The reality of the surgery is nowhere near as scary as what you're imagining. Trust me.

Deana01 & Coleenjoy that is exactly how i feel. cfmom76 thank you very much for your prayers, i'll have you on mine aswell. SageTracey, thank you and yes this is an awesome support group. Again Thank You for all your posts like always very helpfull and encouraging :)

It is very normal to be scared or nervous. I was at first but then the day of my surgery came and I was completely relaxed. You've got to come to the determination that you are doing it for you and to extend your life. I had my surgery on March 15th and feel completely amazing. Since I've started through the program, I've lost a total of 42 pounds.

You can do it to...just remember to do exactly what the doctors tell you to do. The biggest change is to take small bites at a time and to chew, chew, chew.

Good luck!

I will definitely do exactly as the doctor says. thank you all and i will pray for all of you in your journeys and for the ones to come... :)

Rosario

I've been waiting for this day for over 10 months and now that i got a date i am scared. I feel like crying but i cant. I'm speechless. I'm worried that i'll regret doing this. :o

its for the best but you have to make sure you are ready for this. think about life if you didn't do it??? can you do it on your own and keep it off????mine is saturday and i cant wait

Mine is the 29th and I have some of the same feelings but just remember what made you go down this road in the first place. I haven't met a single person that regretted it and I imagine we'll feel the same way on the other side. Hang in there and congrats!!

Mine is the 21st and I'm nervous, too. Everybody asks me when my surgery is and if I'm excited. I'm mostly giving them a half-smile and a "yeah" right now ;) I think it is only natural to try and second-guess these things. Stay focused on the positives.

I am so ready for this step, i'll get over these mix feelings i have. Thank you all, i already feel a lot better.

Bless you guys.

Rosario

I hope that you ladies can conquer the nerves. Honestly, I am so excited for Tuesday (Renaissance Day) I am not nervous at all. (Please don't think I'm bragging) I just want you to feel great about this decision. You have made a great choice for your life. It may have it's ups and downs, but you have made a choice to do something about your weight and that is a great start.

I wil send you ladies good vibes to conquer the nerves. :wub:

Oh good - I am NOT the only one to feel scared, nervous, confused, excited, happy, scared.... My surgery is the 28th. Two weeks from right now I will be home (hopefully) and starting my new life. I am scared - try not to think too much on it but sometimes my mind takes off and I get a little on the anxious side. But just today I was talking to a friend and I was so happy and excited. I think it is the fear of the unknown that is scaring me. I haven't done this before so don't knwo what to do about it. I have had 5 surgeries and several colonoscopies - even with my hysterectomy I did not feel this nervous. I am so glad to know I am normal... well as normal as I can get....