Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Embarrssing Bathroom Issue

Warning TMI...Okay, I am two weeks post op and was going to the bathroom every two or three days...and still am...except two days ago it was very hard and did not move freely. I am drinking lots of Water and exercising and things have not gotten better. I am on day 2 of Miralax but nothing so far. The box said it could take 1 to 3 days, but I'm petrified of things not moving along. I ate Fiber enriched oatmeal and some watermelon..not sure what else to do or when to get worried.

Help!!! This is so Embarrssing and not fun to deal with. I feel like I should go back on liquids because I am scared to eat???

I think a lot of people on here have started using a stool softener and given the sort of problem u have it sounds like it might be helpful to you .. if not more natural remedies can help like prune juice and dtrinking plenty of Water ..

I also use milk of magnesia when necessary. I know that since you're freshly post-op you are probably on a liquid diet right now, but I found if I have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn a day, I also go regularly. I do fiber gummies too. I guess I'd rather have Constipation issues than fat issues :lol:

I also use milk of magnesia when necessary. I know that since you're freshly post-op you are probably on a liquid diet right now, but I found if I have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn a day, I also go regularly. I do fiber gummies too. I guess I'd rather have Constipation issues than fat issues :lol:

Not meaning to "hijack" this thread...but I also used to , pre op, rely on popcorn to stay regular. I have been scared to try it since my surgery...you have not had any negative effects from eating it? I have been eating some extra raw spinach in my salads to try to get some natural fiber, but that is marginal at best.

That's the best news I have had in weeks...please let us know if you are able to tolerate it well since your surgery!

Warning TMI...Okay, I am two weeks post op and was going to the bathroom every two or three days...and still am...except two days ago it was very hard and did not move freely. I am drinking lots of Water and exercising and things have not gotten better. I am on day 2 of Miralax but nothing so far. The box said it could take 1 to 3 days, but I'm petrified of things not moving along. I ate fiber enriched oatmeal and some watermelon..not sure what else to do or when to get worried.

Help!!! This is so Embarrssing and not fun to deal with. I feel like I should go back on liquids because I am scared to eat???

i know this subject isnt a nice one but we all have to go through it. I strongly suggest that you buy some glycerine suppositaries. that will help you. if you are already taking some bowel tabs the suppositaries will help to get you moving initially. just have some disposable rubber gloves and its easy to treat yourself. ive been doing it now for a long time. i dont believe in taking way too many tabs.. eventually you are going to have a bad episode of diarreah. treating with the suppositary is much better.. and just continue to take your bowel meds at a normal dose.

I recently ended up in the hospital because I had let my Constipation get to the point that my bowel was obstructed up to my colon. I hadn't had a BM in over a week and thought nothing of it... Big mistake! Continue taking the miralax every couple days and also take stool softeners daily. Up your Water intake even more. Try activia, hot tea, and prune juice. if you don't feel comfortable doing your own suppository, don't hesitate to go to Urgent Care and get help before it becomes more serious.

I take Benefiber and fiber gummies couple in the morning and at night. I also add unflavored benefiber to my morning yogurt and have no problems.

Not meaning to "hijack" this thread...but I also used to , pre op, rely on popcorn to stay regular. I have been scared to try it since my surgery...you have not had any negative effects from eating it? I have been eating some extra raw spinach in my salads to try to get some natural fiber, but that is marginal at best.

That's the best news I have had in weeks...please let us know if you are able to tolerate it well since your surgery!

Yes, I can eat popcorn just fine :) I am not super restricted, but it seems to go through without problems...

I have taken magisium for years when I have this issue. A nutritionist told me I was low in it & taking some helps a lot. It also helps with chocolate cravings. However, you have to find the right amount for you & if you take too much you'll end up with the opposite problem. Also, I have to eat veggies. Carbs just bloat me up. Be sure & check with your doctor before making any changes! Hope you feel better soon!

I don't have popcorn issues with my band but I have it rarely. Try Romaine for your salads, and in the Protein Shake we have we put in Celery/Kale/Ginger . The added ingredients might sound gross for a Protein shake that is chocolate flavor but they are really good! We just make sure to blend it up enough and add ice cubes to the shake too when it is blended. You do not need much ginger at all, start small roughly little fingernail size and about the thickness of 2 nickles then you can up it if you like it.

Drinking hot sage tea is also helpful! I get backed up and don't go every once in awhile but it is for one day then the next I am fine. It usually seems to kick in if I get stressed for some reason and have not had the above items or skipped acidophlus tablets.