Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for success stories for people in my situation, I'm currently in the research phase. I'm male 30 weigh 280 and I'm 5'10. I want to get to 200. Anyone out there on the same journey

I'm 5'10", aged 36. My starting weight was 265. My highest weight was 270.

I currently weigh 250-252.

I was just banded on 06/04/2012. I'm enjoying my journey so far. I won't get my first fill until 7/20/2012.

My meals for today was:

Cottage cheese and Protein Drink for breakfast

Small salad with a very light amount of dressing and a spoonful of tuna.< /p>

For snack I had a few almonds and a little low sodium turkey Jerky (had to really chew it up).

I consume about 1200 calories a day and burn about 3000-3600 calories a day...

I walk about 4-6 miles a day (at this stage).

As I get further along I'm going to add other types of exercises and increase my burn and adjust what I eat.

It's very obtainable for me.

@ Junior, if you only walk 4-6 miles a day, how are you burning between 3,000 and 3,600 calories a day? I walk 3 and burn no where near that....

@ Junior, if you only walk 4-6 miles a day, how are you burning between 3,000 and 3,600 calories a day? I walk 3 and burn no where near that....

Different people burn different amounts, varying on height, age, sex, intensity of exercise, elevation, etc.

Not to argue but the average person weighing 250 pounds burns approximately 150 calories per mile. 150 x 6 miles is only 900 calories, a far cry from Three Thousand to Three Thousand Six Hundred calories. Maybe some of the problem is that he thinks he's burning more than he really is. I realize that people burn more or less depending on age, height, etc, but your talking a difference of 2,700 calories???

Maybe they were calculating the calories your body burns naturally through everyday activities and sustaining life?

I only walk 6-7 miles a day total, but I have an active job where I'm on my feet for 8 hours a day moving. Then I go home and walk another few miles for exercise. I have had both a Bodybugg and a Fitbit (devices that reliably calculate calories burned) and can say for certain I burn between 3000-3500 calories a day.

The body has a basal metabolic rate, which is what calories are required for your body to just stay alive. For example, if I spent all day in bed and did not move at all, I will require 1811 calories for my body to operate. The more you weigh, the higher your BMR. Any exercise or activity on top of the BMR increases calories burned for the day.

I believe he is listing his TOTAL calorie burn per day. Either way Keep up the great work difa thanks for sharing your experience :)

I started a partial stink storm.

I take five flights of stairs up and down 3 times a day at work. I also walk between 2-4 miles a day. Adding that to your normal calorie burnoff during the day. I am up at 6am and to bed at 10pm and I have a two year old. I guarantee you I burn off at least 2800-3000 calories a day. i also keep track with my fitbit and I subtract about 10 percent off of that.

Not to argue but the average person weighing 250 pounds burns approximately 150 calories per mile. 150 x 6 miles is only 900 calories, a far cry from Three Thousand to Three Thousand Six Hundred calories. Maybe some of the problem is that he thinks he's burning more than he really is. I realize that people burn more or less depending on age, height, etc, but your talking a difference of 2,700 calories???

I initially took offense to you calling me Junior but then again you got that from my ranking on the message board "Junior Guru". However my name isn't Junior.

My boyfriend weighs about 30 pounds more than you and is a little taller, but he is just starting the journey to. He seems excited

I'm pretty psyched to get through this journey...