Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They say the first step is always the hardest so I am going to make that first step hopefully Wednesday and go to an introduction meeting. My cardiologist has recommended the lapband for a couple years now but I just had a hard time with it. It seemed so extreme then last month my GYN said he wouldn't do surgery unless I lost 100 lbs. He asked if I had thought of the lapband. I might be stubborn but I'm not stupid. Frankly it scares me to death but there is still a lot of life I want to experience.

I've been reading the topics on the forum and while I still have a lot of questions I'm determined to do this.

To those who have wrote to me when I first signed in I'm sorry I didn't get back with you. Since Feb. I've had my hubby in and out of the hospital. At Easter they were only giving him a 40% chance of making it. Thankfully he is fully recovered and will be going down as my support on Wednesday

I'm keeping my fingers crossed as the only roadblock will be getting my insurance to approve it.

Deb

Good luck. Glad to hear your hubby has pulled through.

Let's talk about your fear of the band? Is it the band, or are you afraid to let go of your food security blanket? I know I was. I was petrified that I'd never get to eat all the food I loved that made me feel good. Only now I feel so much better and I can still eat those foods within reason.

I can't speak for everyone, and I've read my share of stories here where people are angry at their bands. But most of us love our bands and love the life we now lead. I've got a ways to go but I'm now in territory I haven't seen in 10 years. It is soooo good to be here.

tmf

I guess it is more fear of loosing my safety blanket than anything else. I think in my mind I was thinking that I would be stuck for the rest of my life eating Protein Shakes, soft food and drinking juices. I know that I will get to have some of the things I like but in moderation and there will be things I can't eat but that is o.k too.

It is also fear of the unknown. It has been so long since I was slender that I have a hard time remembering who that person was. I have tried so often in the last 37 years and always failed. Guess part of me is expecting that this time too. Right now I can't visualize myself even down to 250 lbs let alone 120 lbs.

It has really been helpful to read the posts from the newly banded to those who have had their bands for several years. You give the rest of us, call it courage if you will. We know that there is pain and discomfort. That you have to sacrifice but that in the long run it is all worth it.

Has anyone dealt with Premera in the Oregon-Washington area? Did you have a hard time getting approved?

Hi my name is Gina I go to my first seminar this Thursday night.

I am very excited I have struggled with my weight for a long time. I am starting back on the Atkins diet today so when I go to the doctor on the 21st of June he will be happy with me . I am looking forward to this journey and a healthier life. I look forward to chatting with everybody

I attended my first seminar June 14th with a friend from work it was very informative, and I'm very excited to get the ball rolling, I welcome Comments on what to expect 21 June when I go for my consultation. Dr. George Merryman seems to be a Dr. who really cares in Shreveport, La.

It looks like next Wednesday will be my first seminar and I am getting kind of excited about it. I have decided that if the insurance won't cover it then I will some how do it myself.

GinaCher, sorry I didn't get back to answer you sooner but I haven't been home much the last few days. Glad your seminar wentl well and good luck on the rest!

Deb