Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been on a low carb diet for 6 days, I went to the doctor today I have not lost but one pound... And I have a UTI :( I have been following all the rules. Im so upset, I very disappoint, and I'm in a lot of pain. I have until the 19th. What can I do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

um. Get throug the pain? There will be ups and downs to weight loss. It's not a miracle cure. You have to be your own Miracle Cure. I'd quote a favorite line from the movie "The Rock" that Sean Connery says to Nic Cage, but I don't want to offend anyone.

Maybe try subing a meal or two with a Protein shake... it really has helped me drop weight quick. I lost 4 lbs in 5 days.

I agree with the Protein Shake idea. When I was on my pre-op diet I did two Protein Shakes a day and one low calorie meal and it really worked.

Well my Doc gave me the low carb diet... I wish he would of given me a choice.. I would do that I would lose weight during the low carb diet I haven't cheated. thank you all for your support. Your thoughts really help.

To be honest I was on a liquid pre op diet... I gained a pound... My doctor told me it was fine its ment to flush your liver not to lose weight.

I have been on a low carb diet for 6 days, I went to the doctor today I have not lost but one pound... And I have a UTI :( I have been following all the rules. Im so upset, I very disappoint, and I'm in a lot of pain. I have until the 19th. What can I do?

May I ask what you consider low carb? I know it sounds silly but I was once helping someone with there "low carb" diet...and discovered we had very different ideas about what "low carb" means..apparently in her mind 125 was "low carb" because that was half of what she used to eat. And while I think its great she was able to cut them down to half..125 is NOT low carb.---So just wondering.

What are the cals/fat levels of the foods you are eating? Baked chicken (no skin) with low fat laughing cow cheese is going to be a better choice than a cheese burger. Are you eating any bread? Even wraps have carbs. I made "sandwiches" out of romaine lettuce leaves; put the food down the spine and then fold the sides over. Do any of your beverages have calories? Unless you have having Protein shakes none of your beverages should have more than 10 cals for 8 oz. That leaves you Water, chrystal light, black coffee, diet soda.

Depending on your Protein shake they can be pretty low in carbs. My powder (whey isolate) is really low in carbs like 2-3 grams. If you made it with Water that would be a very low carb option (though would not taste as good as those made with fat free milk).

It's important to follow your doctor's instructions, both for the UTI and the pre op diet. I did not read any mention of exercise. My pre op diet was liquid, 4 Protein shakes a day, plus 1 cup of raw salad veggies daily. I lost weight.

I definitely would incorporate some form of exercise into your daily routines, if you have not already done so. Recommendations vary, but 30 minutes 5 days a week is fairly common.

Good luck...try to stay focused and positive.

Sorry you are feeling frustrated. I hear cranberry juice helps with UTI's. Also please make sure you are drinking a ton of Water.< /p>

I realize your fat intake is low. You may want to switch to egg whites. You can buy them in the freezer section.

Also as mentoned above most doctors want at least 30 minues of cardio daily.

I have been on a low carb diet for 6 days' date=' I went to the doctor today I have not lost but one pound... And I have a UTI :( I have been following all the rules. Im so upset, I very disappoint, and I'm in a lot of pain. I have until the 19th. What can I do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Lupe could you be retaining Fluid? drinks lots and lots of Water too, that will help to flush out extra Fluid your body might be retaining. I know it's summer for you guys and I tend to find I retain fluid in the heat. Your diet sounds pretty good and as others have suggested also incorporate some exercise to help with a sluggish metabolism. The weight loss journey is frustrating but hang in there and you will be rewarded!

I eat 2 scrambled eggs for Breakfast , 8Oz fat free milk.

lunch can of tuna with lime juice,1 slice of Tomato and lettuce

dinner I have grilled chicken no skin with salad no dressing with a pinch off low fat cheese.

I only drink calorie,sugar free beverages.

Here's my thoughts:

Your calories are coming in at probably around 600 thats fine for pre-op...but you should get a few more a few weeks after post-op. It looks as if you are just getting the bare minium in Protein with maybe just 60 grams. and your carbs look low. You didn't mention what veggies are in your salad and how big it was...I mention it because I can eat my weight in veggies...but some do have carbs. Not saying that you should eliminate them, but you do need to count them. I think, if if were me, (with the blessing of your doctor of course) I would do the 2 shakes a day and a light meal for pre-op. It seems to work well for a lot of soon to be bandsters....and most have a good weight loss with it. Its hard, but I thought it was worth it. I would weigh myself at Breakfast and come back at dinner and would have lost a pound..it was the coolest thing.

Something else to consider, is that UTI....my guess you are retaining Water as well. hard for the body to get rid of it when there is infection.painfull too. So that is also a contributing factor as well.

I would also recomend myfirnesspal.com ...it will help you track both your food and exercise and you can see where you are at. After surgery...it will come in handy to see what calories/carbs/ exercises levels are working for you. Feel free to add me...same username:waitingpatiently

Try not to get too flustrated....this is a journey and will take time....I know it feels like you are slow to start, but you will catch up....be patient.

Good Luck!

I would see if ur dr will let u do Protein Shake 2 times a day with 1 low carb meal! That's what im doing and drinking only Water and unsweetened flavored tea! Been on it since 6/8 and have lost pounds! I don't think it would hurt to see if it may help. Best of luck! I hope ur uti is better soon!