Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First banded week down and results so far

I got my staples out today (relief, they were really starting to really pull) and had to weigh in. It has been 7 days since banding. I'm down 21# from my consultation date and down 30# from my surgery day. Doc estimates about ten of that is Water, but I'm still thrilled!

Doc wants me back in 4 weeks for a fill. That's sooner than I had expected... :faint:

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Was he concerned about the upchucked cheeser episode??

Actually I totally forgot to mention it, so did DH (asked to come to the appt with me), and Doc didn't ask so it flew right over our heads. I did have some cottage cheese today with no problems. (what a weird thing to be happy about!)

wheetsin, awesome job!!!!! I can't wait to get these bandaides off my body. Hey Roni, are you getting way excited? just 3 days huh? My thoughts are with you!

Oops i guess it is 5 days! Sorry but i am still excited for you and thinking about you!

KJ

omigosh!! i am terribly excited, and you know how i was so very NOT nervous? well, someone posted something that has made me nervous.

lets just start by saying i am mildly claustrophobic...UNDERSTATEMENT!!

that said, i am, all of the sudden, feeling nervous about how the band will feel in my body. I am terribly afraid that I will be so aware of it--constantly--that I may end up hurting myself trying to get it out in a panic attack.

I went through the same thing when I wore braces as a teen, somehow i made it through that so surely i can do this. i still have horrible dreams about my braces being on my teeth and noone will take them off, and i resort to plyers---AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I have a deep down feeling that this is the evil spawn of my claustrophobia issues.

....uh, yea, happy about cottage cheese...weird....its our new life, sister!!!

YELL IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS...

"I ATE COTTAGE CHEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!"

Don't start freaking out now. you know how i was doing to. It really isn't that bad. I actually feel kinda special knowing that i have a new awesome tool to help me look HOT! and feel HOT! and live for my son!!!!

Girl, we got your back!

KJ

Hi, Roni! I'm kind of new to this site, and I'm also a brand new bandster--just banded on Friday, March 10th. I also have some claustrophobia issues. I, too, felt like I wanted to yank out some dental work a few times, although it was a bridge/cap not braces! Here are a few suggestions I have that have helped me so far (experienced person that I am--LOL) In the hospital, when you have to remain still for awhile and you have all of this stuff connected to you (I had an IV, leg massagers and needed help to go to the bathroom even because of the big honking bed), PRAY. I prayed and sang to myself and talked to God whenever I was awake. BREATHE. Deep, calming breaths help. TAKE THE PAIN MEDS as they help you sleep off any anxiety. SLEEP. In almost no time at all, you'll be able to move around at will. As far as the band itself goes, I am working hard to EMBRACE it and thank God that such a device exists to help me help myself get healthy! Some people name their band; I haven't gotten that far yet, but I am really trying to embrace it and welcome it to my body. I am still sore (I'm online at 4:30 am waiting for a tylenol 3 to take effect), but that'll pass. I am trying to get in enough fluids and Protein (which are both hard for me right now) and all along EMBRACING this band. If you made it with braces, you'll come out just fine with the band. It'll remind you it's there, but it's not like you'll be seeing it every time you look in the mirror or feel it in your mouth. You'll be just fine!

From one claustrophobic to another---

Michele

thanks for you input. i never thought about naming my band. I think i will start a new threat for that, and if one already exists maybe someone will bump it!!

so far so good on the claustrophobic issues. surprisingly, although i know the band is there, i am not overly aware of it. I cant tell anydifference in the way my body feels, except for the soreness of course. this was my second night of sleep since surgery. i am really surprised at how fast my body is healing. dont get me wrong, i still hurt, but 1-10 the day of surgery? Pain was 8, yesterday it was a 6, and today, so far, i would say 3 or 4. i have stepped away from the darvocet, and amnow controlling pain with otc tylenol.

so i guess we wont have to worry about me freaking out and trying to cut my own band out...