Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi...My name is Tricia and I'm 32 years old. My first appointment was on April 9 and now FINALLY I have a surgery date...July 12th!!!!! I can't be happier.

Thanks!!!!

congrats!!

Way to go ! You will be soooo glad you did this ! I was banded Dec 2011, as of yesterday im down 40 lbs ! My Dr said if i followed the rules 95 % of the time i would be successful. He was right, and im wearing a size 14 skinny jean today ! Unbelieveable...............................Good luck to you !

Way to go ! You will be soooo glad you did this ! I was banded Dec 2011' date=' as of yesterday im down 40 lbs ! My Dr said if i followed the rules 95 % of the time i would be successful. He was right, and im wearing a size 14 skinny jean today ! Unbelieveable...............................Good luck to you ![/quote']

I'm curious as to whether not you get this message and feel like responding but I am frustrated with stories off after 5 months only thing small results I'm hoping to have lost twice as much in the same amount of time.... if you have the lap band done in december and loss only 40 pounds that's about it 8 pounds a month I guess which is 2 pounds a week... which is a slow healthy weight loss and fantastic the 40 lbs is gone.... but I personally have about 70 pounds to lose and I really wanna lose all of it and I'm hoping that was 100,000 calories a day and feeling hungry all the time I'm actually going to be a would get there.... I keep seeing stories over and over why people are only losing 30 percent of your weight and now I'm scared.... I seem to have to have enough willpower now as I did when I die before I still have to say no all the time the things that I could easily swallow.... and I'm hungry for all the time now..... any feedback?

I'm curious as to whether not you get this message and feel like responding but I am frustrated with stories off after 5 months only thing small results I'm hoping to have lost twice as much in the same amount of time.... if you have the lap band done in december and loss only 40 pounds that's about it 8 pounds a month I guess which is 2 pounds a week... which is a slow healthy weight loss and fantastic the 40 lbs is gone.... but I personally have about 70 pounds to lose and I really wanna lose all of it and I'm hoping that was 100' date='000 calories a day and feeling hungry all the time I'm actually going to be a would get there.... I keep seeing stories over and over why people are only losing 30 percent of your weight and now I'm scared.... I seem to have to have enough willpower now as I did when I die before I still have to say no all the time the things that I could easily swallow.... and I'm hungry for all the time now..... any feedback?[/quote']

I'm curious as to whether not you get this message and feel like responding but I am frustrated with stories off after 5 months only thing small results I'm hoping to have lost twice as much in the same amount of time.... if you have the lap band done in december and loss only 40 pounds that's about it 8 pounds a month I guess which is 2 pounds a week... which is a slow healthy weight loss and fantastic the 40 lbs is gone.... but I personally have about 70 pounds to lose and I really wanna lose all of it and I'm hoping that was 100,000 calories a day and feeling hungry all the time I'm actually going to be a would get there.... I keep seeing stories over and over why people are only losing 30 percent of your weight and now I'm scared.... I seem to have to have enough willpower now as I did when I die before I still have to say no all the time the things that I could easily swallow.... and I'm hungry for all the time now..... any feedback?

I haven't been banded yet but I did want to answer your question (my surgery date is June 29th). Where did you get the ideas for your goals? I don't mean that rudely, I'm curious. Did you look into gastric bypass or what makes you chose the numbers/time frame you do? I ask because I went to many seminars and studied for a good year before I chose this route. I am deliberately doing the band because I've had friends/family do both and those that banded lost a LOT slower BUT seem to have way less saggy skin and after a few years they are nearly the same as the bypassers. Did they talk about that in your seminars? I too would love to be 100 lbs lighter in a year (my secret never really allow myself to say it or think it goal) but at the same time I know that's probably not really likely and even if it is, that's about 2 poudns a week which would be 8 pounds a month. I just worry you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you don't meet your goal or some illness or bad habits if you do. I find all the success stories on this site very encouraging and I like looking at those that are a few years out and many have lost more than 100 lbs or half their weight and I think they sound like they're doing great. I hope things work out well for you and that you have an end result that pleases you. As to the original poster Tricia - congrats!!