Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I didn't mean to sound like that..... It is just harder when you are with people that are always trying to tell you not to get the LB.. I do take it very serious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using LapBandTalk

I totally got that you were joking, keep your head up and stay focused.. Keep your eye on the prize..! I always ask myself, will this taste as good as I will feel when I am 30 pounds lighter?? The answer is usually no..!

Good luck.!

No No No. Don't doit.

there. Now you have been told.

I totally got that you were joking' date=' keep your head up and stay focused.. Keep your eye on the prize..! I always ask myself, will this taste as good as I will feel when I am 30 pounds lighter?? The answer is usually no..!

Good luck.![/quote']

Thanks, I can't wait. Trying to keep busy and out of the kitchen.... Lol

No No No. Don't doit.

there. Now you have been told.

Lmho, I need that... I've been told!

Thanks

My surgeon was blunt,if the liver is too big, i'll sew you back up and send you home......

Was joking I only ate the meat, im on a low carb diet. so I just didn't eat the tortillas. I did not cheat. Thank GOD

Nothing wrong with a little humour.I had the worst headace that i've ever had on day 2 pre-op, found out later it was from caffeine withdrawal...Good luck

Planning a cheat is better than randomly cheating ur more in control :-)

Humor doesn't always come across the boards. Throughout my banded process the only "diets" i've been on were the pre-op and the pos-op. They were horrible to get through. Otherwise I eat whatever I want in moderation unless my band won't allow it.

Pre-op, you are a asked to drastically change your eating habits without the help of the band. But our surgeons ask us to do so for a reason. On another board a lady who was having RNY had her liver split in two during her surgery, it was so damaged and brittle from all the fat. Her medical condition going in was very poor.

My surgeon said he could tell I followed my pre-op diet well, because my liver was small and very easy to move around. Our surgeons are operating on us to help us get healthier. The pre-op diet is a time limited event in our lives. Why not do everything you can to make the surgery as safe as possible for yourself?

I recently had a complication from a non-related band procedure. It was a simple thing. In-and-out. Miss a day of work. Back on your feet the next day. I ended up with a blood infection (Sepsis) that has a 30% mortality rate. I was in the ER twice, had a fever of 103.8, and missed 3 weeks of work.

What could have been done to avoid it? I don't know.

But, not cheating on your pre-op can help to limit liver complications. ANYTHING you can do to limit complications is a good thing!