Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Really Tight In The Morning/afternoon Then Fairy Loose In The Evening??

So I have had my lap band since June 2008 and lost weight really well until getting pregnant back to back and now I'm trying once more to lose my weight. I have my band refilled but it seems sooo different after having my fills taken out and put back in so many times due to pregnancy and when flu season comes around..no good. Well I am really struggling losing weight now. It seems my band is at a good fill level..not too tight, no acid reflex, etc. But in the am it is so tight I cannot eat much except liquids and same with the afternoon..just a few bites of food..at night it is much loser and I am starving and eat way to much..just thinking how weird that my band is so tight in the am then seems so lose in the evening..I know my evening eating habits are not good because then I'm so hungry I pig out..so I'm wondering if I have stretched my band? I am no longer losing weight at all..which is obvious because I am eating too much at night..but even then, I'm not eating 1/2 as much as I used to..really frustrated. =-( Not sure if I need to get another .5cc filled and see if that helps? Any ideas?

That happens to me all the time i asked my doctor but all he suggested was to take out liquid and i didn't want that so i started drinking a cup of hot tea before Breakfast and that seem to help.

I agree with the above posters a warm drink like tea or weak coffee, if u are allowed , can really help loosen a band in the mornings, try eating a larger dinner of an evening with plenty of Protein to stop u snacking, snacking can pile up the calories so i would also consider making a journal of food for a while and monitor how many u are actually eating. Being accountable for what u eat sometimes is enough to stop u eating it .. u dont mention exercise either .. u may need to up that to burn off some of what u are eating ..

I was told that in the AM our stoma around the band has a sticky-tackyness around it because as we sleep at night the juices in that area get that way because we are not eating when we sleep. So.... We should start each day with a hot beverage. This will help melt the tackyness and make eating in the morning easier. Hope that helps!!

Thank you for all the info. It's weird though because I don't ever remember my band being so tight before and then so much looser in the evening. I guess I'll just need to journal and make myself a bit more accountable to what I'm eating. I will definately try some hot liquid in the am and see how that helps. I usually don't have much time with 3 kiddos in the am though, so I'll have to wake up a bit earlier I guess. ha ha.

You have to make you time. I get up a half hour earlier than I really need to and have hot tea or coffee and then after my shower I have Breakfast. The extra sleep is missed but my appetite spikes later in the day if I skip breakfast and if I don't drink a hot beverage food gets stuck every morning. The band is still a little tight at lunch but by dinner I can eat normally. Jasmine green tea is a great one to try.