Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery 5/8/12 so it is a few days short of one month. I lost 10 lb prior and 10 the week after, then stalled. I decided to put the scale up b/c I was obsessing. I plan to only weigh on fill appt days in the beginning.

However, I had my third NSV. I am usually a size 20. I went to Target to look for swim suit tops b/c in 6 weeks we have a big trip planned. I was going to buy one a size smaller. However, as I began to try the plus size tops on, none fit. I went to the regular sizes and picked up a few tops. The one suite that I liked the most was only in a size LARGE. I tried it on and it FIT! Not plus size, not XXL, not XL, but LARGE! WOW, only one month out and I got to see LARGE on a reciept. Holy cow, that is truely what I needed.

I also ran for the first time last night in over 3 years. I walked a mile and thought I would try to jog some of the next. I ended up jogging MOST of the second mile. I stopped 4 times for 30 seconds. I was very excited in the difference in my ability.

I dont know if I have lost more than the 20 b/c I have not weighed but I sure love the NSV.

Thanks for listening.

Katy

YAY!!! Congrats on the first of many NSV!! You're working hard and deserve the success!!! :D

WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!! great nsv ! Are'nt they fun ??? I love the fact that you're jogging too. Keep it up, there are more nsv's to follow ! ( Especially nice when that dang scale wont move !)

A little out of the loop... NSV? What is that??

NSV is a "Non scale Victory". So anything you enjoy about your weightloss that doesnt have to do with the pounds on the scale. For example, I have ready that people are finally able to buckle a beat on a plane without an extension or able to run for the first time, or no longer have to buy stuff at plus size stores. Those cool things about getting smaller.... :)

A little out of the loop... NSV? What is that??

Great NSV, smaller clothes and doing physical activity that you couldn't do before are much more rewarding than eating that extra serving of food!

That is great!! To have no 'X's for clothes will be amazing!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using LapBandTalk

Wow, that's almost better than the numbers on the scale!!!

I always have a hard time believing that I can fit into a smaller size! I bought some pants for exercising and started with size large and ended in size small! I realize that all brands of clothes are different, it really doesn't matter, I am wearing a size small at the gym, I look good. I cannot believe how I can look in the mirror and see such a different body!!!

Congrats to you, love this story!!!!

I have struggled with weight loss for so long it is hard to remember when I didn't. I was getting very discouraged by my losing and gaining and losing way of life. It finally dawn on me, that even though I haven't lost as much as I have wanted to in the right places, I have still gone from a size 56 dd to a size 46 dd and that is a great accomplishment. Thanks for all the help and encouragement this site gives.

I had surgery 5/8/12 so it is a few days short of one month. I lost 10 lb prior and 10 the week after' date=' then stalled. I decided to put the scale up b/c I was obsessing. I plan to only weigh on fill appt days in the beginning.

However, I had my third NSV. I am usually a size 20. I went to Target to look for swim suit tops b/c in 6 weeks we have a big trip planned. I was going to buy one a size smaller. However, as I began to try the plus size tops on, none fit. I went to the regular sizes and picked up a few tops. The one suite that I liked the most was only in a size LARGE. I tried it on and it FIT! Not plus size, not XXL, not XL, but LARGE! WOW, only one month out and I got to see LARGE on a reciept. Holy cow, that is truely what I needed.

I also ran for the first time last night in over 3 years. I walked a mile and thought I would try to jog some of the next. I ended up jogging MOST of the second mile. I stopped 4 times for 30 seconds. I was very excited in the difference in my ability.

I dont know if I have lost more than the 20 b/c I have not weighed but I sure love the NSV.

Thanks for listening.

Katy[/quote']

I'm very proud of you Katy

Awesome! A whole new fashion world in *regular* sizes!

I agree!