Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know everyone's different, i.m only 2 days post op but how long did it take you to feel ok again?

How long did you take off work?

Thanks in advance :)

I had surgery yesterday and wondering same thing..I go back to work on 18th. Did u gain any while in hospital? I gained a few pounds.

Hi, no i didn.t gain, i feel really bloated tho. The site where the port feels heavy but i think it.s just pulling a little.

I.m having to watch myself cause i now have 2 wounds that are oozing a bit.

Were you glued or stitched? I.m glued.

I go back to work next Monday, just panicking i won.t be fit and i really can't have time off :-\

I have staples..5 staples where the oort site is.

I am not hungry not even a little bit which is good but makes it hard to drink liquids.

Do you have a job where u sit down alot or are u moving around? I have a sit down job but Dr suggested 2 weeks off.

Hi ladies. Congrats to you both!!

Everyone is a little different when it comes to the healing process. A lot of bandsters feel great just 3-4 days out. Some even have went back to work the next day!! (crazy)...This was NOT me!!--haha

It took me a good 10 days not to be in pain. and about 3 weeks to feel some what normal. However, I did have other stuff done (2 hernias and some adhesions removed) so that definately added to my discomfort.

But just keep asking yourself if you feel better today than you did yesterday...usually the answer is yes. Stay on top of your pain meds that way it doesn't get out of control.Walk, walk, walk...it really does help with the gas pain.

Julie-don't be stepping on that scale right now!! I know how tempting it is! this is your bodies time to be healing. They pump you up on a lot of IV fluids while in the hospital to help you keep from dehydrating the first few days...thats why you probably have gained weight...it will go away over the next few days. Save stepping on the scale for at least 2 weeks..then you will be pleasantly surprised!!

I was banded 5/29, a week ago today. Each day I felt better but honestly the first 3, I mostly slept. I had a hernia repaired too and had some pain in that area. Today I am feeling my h better. I went for a 30 min walk this morning, came back, showered and dressed and am needing a little break right now. I am sure I could go to work if I had to but having said that I would want a few more days.

I am still having some gas pains and being on full liquids this long makes me a little weaker perhaps? I did 5 days pre-op and now 7 post. I hear energy improves when we hit mushies!

Goid luck and get some rest and take it easy... Except for walking!!

Hi, i work with young children so i.m up and down alot! Don.t have to pick them up or anything tho.

It.s true i do feel alot better than yesterday and i.m sure i.ll feel even better tomorrow. There is still 5 whole days till work so i Will see.

I have been walking about tho house plenty but also putting my feet up plenty too! :)

I was banded on May 29th (Tuesday)...and was able to work 6 hours by Friday and went to my nieces birthday party Saturday. I spent most of they time sitting and took a pillow with me...but was pretty good. I did have to take my pain meds so something to think about as far as driving.

However, today is the first day I am really feeling like myself (7 days post-op)...so bottom line follow your body and compare it to your work requirements.

Glad to connect with newbies like myself and with those that have already been through it.

I was banded on 5/29 and today I have been bored and restless. I started mushies yesterday, so I think the added Protein is indeed helping. I had a LOT of gas difficulties, so I was a bit slower to get back on my feet than most. I still tire easy, so I'm glad I don't have to go back until Monday. Hopefully by then I will be pretty much back to normal.

The surgeon's office told me one week off work, so I think I got it in my head that recovery would be easy. Duh, we had surgery.. SURGERY, and added a bit of hardware to our bodies. I'm glad I was able to take an additional week. Since this procedure involved the stomach and our future eating, I am being darn sure not to overdo or push things.