Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ticked Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca, you have to understand.....Your PCP is going to be out a lot of money when you quit going in for all those weight related problems... (excuse my french, but) WHAT AN ASS!

As part my my DH's work up, he went to a cadiologist. The doc took one look at my DH and said "have you ever considered cutting out sweets?" in all seriousness.

Now, if you have 10 -20 pounds you want to lose, that is probably very good advice, but my DH had gotten so big he couldn't walk through a doorway, he had to squeeze himself into most rooms.

Yeah, why didn't he think of cutting out sweets before! Sheer genious!

Unfortunately people who have never had to struggle with their weight (and I don't mean those who want to lose 15 lbs here and there), I mean truely stuggle have no IDEA the magnitude of what they are saying when they have basically told us we have already failed. By this i mean they say it isn't a good idea. That goes for doctor's who do not support the RNY. My mother's doctor didn't either, but she had the surgery anyway and is healthier and 100 lbs lighter now. I would change doctors if mine told me he didn't support my decision.

My PCP and his nurse both support my decision as well as my CDE (certified diabetes educator).

I had gone in for a diabetes check up and was asking for my 5 yr medical history, so I figured I might as well mention to him what I was planning on doing. He looked at me and said, "I think it will be very good for you. My wife has been looking into the same thing." He's a wonderful doctor and works well with me in a partnership in all of my health matters. And people ask me why I drive an hour to go and see him???

Audra

*currently waiting on a surgery date :D

My nurse practitioner was very supportive...said she doesn't suggest WLS to her patients, but if they research it and ask for her opinion, she supports it in most cases. One of her nurses even called me on her own a couple of weeks after surgery to see how I was doing, which I thought was sweet.

My sister, who is in the process of insurance approval, asked her PCP about it and he didn't know anything about it at all. We took the opportunity to send him a packet of information on it, so hopefully he looked it over.

Emily

DsrJRR,

Hang in there. I know it must be so hard to be patient. I hope to be banded some time next month and I am sure I'll be writing the same thread:p