Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

waiting for insurance. But i am kinda freaking out about the diet. No some much of eatting so little. Just what your limited to eat. That is going to be my biggest challenge. No more eatting out i guess.

waiting for insurance. But i am kinda freaking out about the diet. No some much of eatting so little. Just what your limited to eat. That is going to be my biggest challenge. No more eatting out i guess.

If your speaking of the pre-op diet, yes it's not fun but temporary. If you're speaking about your diet after being banded, you're only limited during the post op healing phase. Once you're back on normal food, you're not limited at all. The only thing we "can't" have is carbonation. Otherwise, you can eat whatever you want, it's just in your best interest to make healthy food choices rather than junk.

Btw, I was banded 5 months ago and I eat out at least 3 or 4 times a month.

I would say about a week, unless your job requires alot of lifting then you will need to ask your doctor. As for the food, once you are past the healing stage its the same as before the surgery. The first couple of months are rough, due to it being mainly liquids and then soft foods. Like Deana01 said, life is pretty normal when your back to regular foods. I am actually going out to lunch today! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

thanks the dietician really gave me a stricked diet and said thats they way its going to be. No fruits except bananas and no raw veggies only cooked. No nuts or salads anything i have been use to eatting during my diets. Which obviously didn't work because i here now but still. Life changing i know but seemed extreme. Maybe i am just overwhelmed at it all

Hi,

I was banded in 2007. I lost 80lbs and can eat most things. I just eat is smaller amounts. I do have some problems with salad.< /p>

Thank you for the advice!! I am so excited!! The surgeon here uses robotic technique!! My friend had gastric sleeve an is down 54 pounds!! In 4 month!! Not an option for me!! I have tricare and am grateful they cover lap band! Lol!! I had my tonsils out 6 months ago at 40 so bring on the liquids lol!! This surgery can't be worse than that!! Also did you banders hAve to stay the night or is this out patient???