Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Excited

mdfinch
Sign in to follow this  

Hello every one! Before surgery I had told my husband that I wanted to weigh, measure and take a picture as close to the 2nd of each month, since that is the day I was banded. Well I weighed, measured and failed to get the picture taken. But I have not lost any weight in a few weeks now but I have not gained either. But I'm excited the most about the measurements. So are you ready to hear what there are? I lost 2 1/2 inches in my breast ( I'm hoping that is more from the fat on my back or under my arms than my breast please!) I lost 1 inch from my waist and 3 inches from my hips. I'm so glad I decided to measure. The scale might have stopped showing the lbs coming off but the measuring tape picked up where it left off for me.

So are you excited about some thing and would like to share it! Please tell us, we would love to hear what it is!

Congrats on your non scale victory!! Are you totally in love with your measuring tape? I had heard that it is much nicer than a scale..I don't have a scale here at home and not sure I intend to get one.

I'm am excited that I get to see the doc today for post op visit. I get to weigh in and see where I am at. Hopefully, will get to change my ticker today!!! keep fingers crossed. after one week of no food and two weeks pre op diet, i better have lost something! hehehe

p.s. also excited that maybe he will help me with my gas issue. it was so bad yesterday that my insides feel bruised from all the gas pressure...

I am so proud of you Debbie. Your clothes must be falling off of you! lol.

Sleepyone, wish you the best at your doctors appointment. :)

I am excited because yesterday I went to the Gap and bought a few XL tshirts. They fit just right. I haven't shopped in a regular store in years.

Congrats Debbie on your inches lost

Sleepyone good luck on the follow up I am sure you will see a change

Daisy that is wonderful that you are able to shop at a regular store you should be poud of what you have accomplished

I am excited that since starting real foods again I am still losing weight and have not been too hungry yet.

Sleepyone Please let us all know what the dr. says. I also hope that he can help with the gas and while you are there ask him about Constipation because that usally sooner than we all want it. See what he recommends for you, just in case. Take it from me and Daisy it is not good!

And no I don't have a fetish with the scale or the measureing tape. I don't weigh but once a week and I don't measure but once a month. I want to have that excitment. So I figure saturday for the scale and it also gives me incentive when I see the scale drop to stick to the diet a little better on the weekends. When I'm discouraged I seem to eat more. And I have my husband measure me or my mom and I think once a month is enough.

Natalie I'm so excited for you! Don't it feel good to drop clothes size! My problem is I have so many differnt size clothes from dieting all the time that I won't need to buy any for a while. I think I will make that a reward for my self, Thanks!

Whymomwhy I hope you keep losing the weight and never see a stand still on this journey. Keep up the good work!

May blooming bandsters group is for all May banders. Please feel free to post any time you want. We would love to help you on your journey, as well as get extra support. :D

I'm soooooooooo excited, even though physically only feeling marginally better. I have gas. Period. The gas from my surgery even. I can drink without worrying that its the drinking that is causing the gas pains. I know that the band and port are both okay.

MDFinch, they started me on milk of magnesia to help with the gas and to keep things moving okay. I have been reading about the Constipation you and daisy had and was worried that would be my next issue to deal with.

I drank 1/2 bottle of Water on the way home (granted it is a 1-1/2 hours drive). I am having some cream Soup as I write this. I'm on bedrest for the next few days and won't be going back to work until next week, but my mind is relieved and there is light at the end of the tunnel now. I figure over the next few days I may finally be able to hit my liquids goal!

Thanks for all the encouragement. I would have never made it without ya'll. I even told the doctor's office about what a great support I have found here. You guys rock!

Hello every one! Before surgery I had told my husband that I wanted to weigh, measure and take a picture as close to the 2nd of each month, since that is the day I was banded. Well I weighed, measured and failed to get the picture taken. But I have not lost any weight in a few weeks now but I have not gained either. But I'm excited the most about the measurements. So are you ready to hear what there are? I lost 2 1/2 inches in my breast ( I'm hoping that is more from the fat on my back or under my arms than my breast please!) I lost 1 inch from my waist and 3 inches from my hips. I'm so glad I decided to measure. The scale might have stopped showing the lbs coming off but the measuring tape picked up where it left off for me.

So are you excited about some thing and would like to share it! Please tell us, we would love to hear what it is!

Congrats! thats wonderful!

I have had a few NSVs. My bras are too big, I need a belt to keep all my Ashley Stewart jeans up. I have more room while I drive between me and the steering wheel.

Im excited to see what size I wear (was wearing a 24) and to see how much more weight I have lost since surgery :)

Im so happy for everyone.

I am so proud of you Debbie. Your clothes must be falling off of you! lol.

Sleepyone, wish you the best at your doctors appointment. :)

I am excited because yesterday I went to the Gap and bought a few XL tshirts. They fit just right. I haven't shopped in a regular store in years.

an XL, you go girl!! congrats

Thank you ladies!! I am proud of you all. We are all doing very well, and lord knows that isn't easy.