Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5Th Day Frustration

I know this is only my 5th day post op but I'm getting friggen tired of this stupid liquid diet already!! I do know how important it is for my stomach to heal but if anyone has any suggestions for something "new" I would appreciate it. I've been through popsicles, lipton cup of Soup, thinned yogurt, crystal lite etc. thanks!

Are you on Clear Liquids or full liquids? I was allowed to have low fat cottage cheese (considered full liquid) by 5 days and that was a God send! I also did not thin out my yogurt - just made sure it did not have fruit chunks in it. I also tried a Tomato bisque Soup that was tasty. I don't normally like Tomato Soup but when you are limited to what you can eat it helps.

I'm still on full liquids (banded 2 weeks ago today) and I can have yogurt (no chunks), sugar free fudgesicles, broths, healthy cream of whatever Soups (strained), sugar free puddings, applesauce. I have even found at my local ice cream shop (actually its frozen custard) sugar free fat free frozen yogurt. Oh and Protein Shakes with fat free milk. I try to drink 4 oz of a Protein Shake every hour for the first 3 hours of the morning. Like today at 7 am, 8 am and 9 am. It'll help me "get in" my Protein for the day but it also helps me have more energy for the day as well. Hope this helps!

You probably won't like this answer, but you just have to "suck it up" and follow your doctors orders. You can't imagine how important it is at this stage of your journey. It's just beem five days. Try adding more powdered spices to the Soups. Check with your nutritionist if you can have smoothies. At this point I wouldn't worry about calories. Healing is what is important right now. I didn't weigh myself for 6 weeks. I still lost weight. It seems like it almost took me 2 years to adjust myself mentally and physically to this band. It has been almost 7 years I am still learning. Again it is vital that you comit yourself to this program now. It will mean the difference between success and frustration. Yeah the first few weeks are sooo boring, but keep coming here. You can make it. It is sooooo well worth it. Good luck.

I know this is only my 5th day post op but I'm getting friggen tired of this stupid liquid diet already!! I do know how important it is for my stomach to heal but if anyone has any suggestions for something "new" I would appreciate it. I've been through popsicles' date=' lipton cup of Soup, thinned yogurt, crystal lite etc. thanks![/quote']

Full liquids was smooth soup like Tomato and Protein shakes (no fruit). For me cottage and ricotta were mushies.

I have to agree with Fantasy5, come on you have just started your NEW life!!! give it a chance, trust your doc, keep busy with other activities and b4 you know it you will be back to eating food again.

This is a completely different life you have decided to commit to, the rewards far out weigh the inconveniences you are feeling today. Trust me, you will be happy that you followed the pace of eating prescribed by the doc, let your body heal. you just had a major surgery!

I wouldn't bother to say this "stuff" if I didn't know it was true....we want you to succeed!

I know this is only my 5th day post op but I'm getting friggen tired of this stupid liquid diet already!! I do know how important it is for my stomach to heal but if anyone has any suggestions for something "new" I would appreciate it. I've been through popsicles' date=' lipton cup of Soup, thinned yogurt, crystal lite etc. thanks![/quote']

FYI there are quite a few good recipes for each stage at mylapbandjourney.com ;)

I have to agree with Fantasy5' date=' come on you have just started your NEW life!!! give it a chance, trust your doc, keep busy with other activities and b4 you know it you will be back to eating food again.

This is a completely different life you have decided to commit to, the rewards far out weigh the inconveniences you are feeling today. Trust me, you will be happy that you followed the pace of eating prescribed by the doc, let your body heal. you just had a major surgery!

I wouldn't bother to say this "stuff" if I didn't know it was true....we want you to succeed![/quote']

I'm 7 days out and feeling a little like OP. I have 2 more days until my check up and get promoted from full liquids to purée, I can't wait. Reading your words gave me that second wind I needed to get through the next 48 hours. Thanks!

i used my Magic Bullet and made Campbells chicken noodle Soup or vegetable beef into pure liquid by pureeing (spelling ?) them, mmmmmm, they were so yummy! I couldnt stand chicken or beef broths, (too salty) but i loved the Campbells. Also, try pureeing watermelon(mostly water) , its yummy too. I still like Boost Protein Drinks (10 grams of Protein per bottle, chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ).Check with your Dr first. I agree withthe previous posts, stay on the course because it is sooooooo worth it ! You've barely begun your journey to a new and improved you, so dont give up when the journey starts getting a little tough ! you can do this ! The liquids are only temporary , so hang in there! Nike sign- "While it may suck that I cant eat some of my favorite foods all of the time, it sucks even more to be stuck in a body I hate" Oh, how true...........

I too am 5 days post banding! I am having a hard time trying to get enough liquid and Protein in. Right now I am tired of sweet tasting things. Did have some greek yogurt that helped also applesauce. I want a protien shake labeled beef stew! Lol !