Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Steps Backwards, Now To Jump Forward!

I have been happy with my progress since surgery on 4/26. I found out last week that I am getting my first fill tomorrow 6/4. I have been eating the right foods for my meals and doing pretty good....however, the last 3 or 4 days, I have found myself snacking on crap foods. I dont sit there and eat a whole package of Cookies or bag of chips...but over the 3 days I have had 2 donuts, 2 chocolate bars, about half a bag of low fat chips, and 2 16oz bottles of soda. None of it got stuck (cuz i have no restriction yet) and the carbonation from the soda didnt bother me. I know this isnt an obscene amount of junk over 3 days..but its junk I havent touched since the end of January when I decided I wanted to get the LB...

Obviously this wasnt a single slip up since its something i did over few days..but for some reason the will power to not have those things, just wasnt there anymore. I have been able to say no to them even when hubby has them in the house, now that I have been eating them, this morning we tossed the remaining donuts and chips that were in the house....I have tried not to beat myself up over it, we all have moments we "mess up" and i know that things will start going in the right direction again...just still really sucks that I let it happen. I am certain I have gained back a lb or two in the last couple days, or at least I feel like I have...but I vow to get rid of them very soon...I was down into the high 320s and if that scale says 330's again...I WILL NOT be happy.

My husband has strick orders no junk in this house.

If it is not here I don't eat it.

You are not too likely to hop in the car and run to the store because you want a donut.

Look at the weight you have already lost, you want to keep moving in that direction.

I hope you can do better after you get your fill.

I am also getting my first fill this week.

Good luck to us both.

The bad news is it won't get stuck once you have restriction either. Most junk food doesn't , it slides right past the band especially things like candy bars. ( The donuts would probably get stuck). The band does not work by stopping you eating junk , it works by allowing you to be satisfied on smaller portions of healthy food. You always have to remember that you are in charge of what goes in your mouth.

Yes. Rebecca i empathize with you. But lately mine has been ice cream. Which is a funny thing because i wasnt a real icecream eater before but too mr hubby has been bringing it into the house like crazy but you just gave me a great idea. Its all going into the trash!! Thank you

that is true everyone have a slip up but put it behind you and move forward and continue to go to the gym to help shed off some of the calories.

I can't have junk food in the house either!! If my DH wants junk food, he's a big boy and can go out and get it (as long as he doesn't bring it home). Kids don't need junk food in the house either or they'll end up just like us. So no junk food in my house anymore! We still have Snacks, but they're healthy Snacks like string cheese. If I get a craving for something sweet, I have sugar free pudding with a little fat free whipped topping, or a sugar free popsicle.

You said that "we" threw out the junk food so it sounds like you've got a supportive hubby, which is very important on this journey. Now you just need to convince him that for your health and well-being he shouldn't bring anything else back into the house. He can do like my hubby, fix his junk cravings away from home!!

STOP STOP the carbinated drinks . I call what you are having mouth hunger you just want something tasty in that mouth.... Your head hunger would tell you to stop. A band restriction will help but bad stuff slides through, your on your way you were doing good . Don't bring crap in the house if you need a fix go out and eat 1/2 of it and throw the rest away.. When I haven't had anything sweet for a long while and just have too have it, it usually makes me really sick and light headed .

We all have bad days it happens but 3 bad days is giving yourself permission to eat. Ask your self why it's probably not anything but mouth hunger and having the poor me blues..

The band will give you restriction but the choice in food is yours and yours alone. You truly have to change your way of thinking about food first, then your body will follow. Head hunger is a powerful thing and something I think we all struggle with from time to time.

Today is a new day, so put it behind you, and start fresh. You can do this!

BTW, if you're going to cheat? Please, do not cheat with soda. The last thing you need is a slip or seriously stretched out pouch. Stay away from the carbonation!

The band will give you restriction but the choice in food is yours and yours alone. You truly have to change your way of thinking about food first, then your body will follow. Head hunger is a powerful thing and something I think we all struggle with from time to time.

Today is a new day, so put it behind you, and start fresh. You can do this!

BTW, if you're going to cheat? Please, do not cheat with soda. The last thing you need is a slip or seriously stretched out pouch. Stay away from the carbonation!

i agree with every post here. its hard when those days come along, for whatever reason, to be strong. Ive had four stressed days where ive been away, had a lot of responsibility, had to drive in the city which i hate.. was in a strange bed overnight. then after two days of this had to come home to full on cooking and cleaning for the men in our family. i was exhausted to the point where i was feeling unwell. every time this happens to me i get restriction... and whats worse is the fact that im tired means i crave fatty foods and more carbs. so ive had two bad days of badly inflamed esophagus. its just starting to come right tonight. i vomited this morning... and that was just after a little yoghurt.

i feel for all of you who have times when things dont go right. But, in the end, the band is more than worth it, and the weight loss is a marvellous thing to have.

had to drive in the city which i hate.

LOL, you and me both. Even with a GPS as most of the time I am in the right lane when I need to go left. And I am still dreading the day I have to do a hook turn!