Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found this forum today, hoping to get some encouragement along this journey. My husband and I both had the lap band surgery in January. I have had two fills and I know I am in need of another one, I am scheduled for 6/13/12. Not sure of how much weight I have lost (staying off the scales until I go to the fill appointments), but I have dropped in pant and shirt sizes. To look in the mirror, I cannot see a big difference and that is a little discouraging.

I look forward to following the journey of everyone else.

I've been hanging around here for years and thought I knew it all but after surgery, I found I didn't know squat. This forum should be a requirement for all bandsters. It's certainly answered and validated so many of my questions and concerns.

Welcome and I look forward to your participation.

tmf

everyone's journey is different. Don't get discouraged a problem many of us have is not being able to see the difference in ourselves.

Wendy

Not seeing that much of a difference in the mirror may be more of a mental thing. I have lost 94 lbs (70 on my 6 mo pre-op program) and even though I get lots of compliments it is still hard for me a lot of the times to see the difference that others see. Do you have any pics of yourself pre op? We recently had family pictures taken, when I compare them to the ones taken 2 years ago I can see a difference but again looking in the mirror it's still just me looking back - no matter the size!

I found this forum today, hoping to get some encouragement along this journey. My husband and I both had the lap band surgery in January. I have had two fills and I know I am in need of another one, I am scheduled for 6/13/12. Not sure of how much weight I have lost (staying off the scales until I go to the fill appointments), but I have dropped in pant and shirt sizes. To look in the mirror, I cannot see a big difference and that is a little discouraging.

I look forward to following the journey of everyone else.

Welcome to the Forum. I have learned so much here, I am still learning.

Lassie

Did you and your husband have the procedure on the same day? Would you recommend that? We are both looking at the surgery and were wondering if it's okay to go the same day or if we should be about a week apart. Thanks!

Did you and your husband have the procedure on the same day? Would you recommend that? We are both looking at the surgery and were wondering if it's okay to go the same day or if we should be about a week apart. Thanks!

We did have the surgery on the same day; the main reason for this is because we chose a doctor that is a 2 hour drive from our home. We figured that we could get all of our appointments on the same days and at the same time. This has been a big help because of my job.

The only drawback to both of us having the surgery at the same time is we needed a friend to drive us home after the surgery. Rick’s aunt stayed with us for the first two days to help with our kids, but after that, we have not had any issues.

If you do decide to have the procedure done at the same time, you will be going through the phases at the same time (clear liquids, soft foods, and solid foods, etc); this helped us, knowing that neither of us was going to eat something that the other could not have at that time.

I really like the fact that Rick is my ‘band buddy’ even though we experience some things differently, at least we understand what each other is going through.

To answer your question as to whether I would recommend both of you having the surgery on the same day—from my own personal experience—Yes, I would recommend it. I also encourage you to talk to your surgeon about it as well.

Hope this has helped in some way.

Becky

Thanks to everyone who has replied and welcomed me to the site, I very much appreciate it and I look forward to sharing in everyone's success!!!

Becky