Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Notice A Difference

I have to say with losing 60 lbs I have started to notice people treating me differently. I wonder if I hold my head higher or carry myself with more confedience. I am happily married but I do notice men looking more than they use to. I guess what I am saying I am feeling better about me and I think it is showing! Anyone else noticing things?

Dacoop,

Congratulations on your weight loss! I once lost 135 lbs on the L.A. Diet and know exactly how you feel! You will definitely become more confident and it will show in everything you say and do! The most important thing to remember is never lose sight of who you are inside. Your family and friends love you for that person. Be sure to ensure your hubby how much you love him too, because he might feel a little threatened with other men taking notice!! LOL

Dennis

Dacoop' date='

Congratulations on your weight loss! I once lost 135 lbs on the L.A. Diet and know exactly how you feel! You will definitely become more confident and it will show in everything you say and do! The most important thing to remember is never lose sight of who you are inside. Your family and friends love you for that person. Be sure to ensure your hubby how much you love him too, because he might feel a little threatened with other men taking notice!! LOL

Dennis[/quote']

I know what you are saying I have seen people get the gastric bypass surgery and soon they aren't even the same person. I am staying in touch with who I am and what I stand for. Its just gonna be a much healthier version of me. My husband knows how much I love him because I tell him all the time. He is happy for me getting healthy and just loves that I am happy! He is getting healthier with me because the food in the house is healthy but he is along for the ride. I was just asking if other people are noticing changes around them as well. Hope you are doing well on your journey as well!

Since losing just 34lbs, old friends look at me kind of weird...like they can't quite put their finger on it. The ones that have been through the journey with me (co-workers and family) give me lots of support.

I feel so much better already. Just going in the closet and grabbing a pair of pants that never fit before and putting them on with ease is so cool. Makes me happy!

I would say that with my loss so far, I have gained some confidence. I've gone down three pants sizes and am proud of myself and don't feel bad about my weight anymore. I have taken pictures since almost the beginning and can see a definite difference in my shape.

I think people will treat you the way they perceive you. If you are confident and happy, you will probably get more attention/compliments/praise than if you are withdrawn.