Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lbl, Tt And Bl Scheduled For 06/14

I've lost 90 pounds and at my goal weight so now it is time to get my body looking better. I am so excited but also very scared. Sometimes I find myself second guessing my decision. I have feeling that is very normal.

Did those of you that had this type of surgery have your band unfilled? If so, did you have it completely unfilled? My band is very loose right now because I had an issue with reflux and I can eat anything with no issues. I gained 8 pounds but I got my eating under control and I lost 4 of those pounds. I am thinking that my band is loose enough. I will contact my band doctor but I like to hear directly from those that have lived it.

Any tips on what I need to have on hand to make the recovery any easier? What type of compression garments did you use?

Thanks!

Jill

Well i was a little tight before i had surgery, so band doc suggested 1mls unfill b4 surgery which worked perfectly. was able to eat almost anything which i thoroughly enjoyed, after so much surgery i felt i needed to treat myself ..

the compression garments i have are supplied by the hospital but are US made from a company called Marena - they make the best compression garments but they can be expensive ..

the website seems to be down at the moment for me in the UK but u might have more luck in the US

http://marenagroup.com/ - 60k - Cached

i have the long sleeved compression garment for my arms and the long legged version with high waist for my 360 degrees abdominoplasty and my body lift .. my legs are swollen as hell due to the disruption to the lymphatic system but this is normal i am told, i am also wearing compression stockings to help this and to help avoid DVT.

To be honest i had more trouble recovering from a caesarian lol

I have made sure i take my Multivitamins, drink orange juice and eat fish and chicken to help with the healing, my PS is very keen on natural type help and really pushes the healthy food to help healing. I have a lot of healing to do and am 2 weeks post op, the scars seem to be healing well, PS is very pleased with the progress and given i am nearly 58 yrs old i could have had a lot more complications than i have so far ...

Food is a comfort so try to eat healthy but eat well, and make sure u take your pain meds if u need them.

I havent had a lot of pain, it was more soreness and being uncomfortable ... and be prepared to rest a lot, u need to rest to heal so dont rush things at home and take your time to heal properly. feet up when u can and just pamper yourself :

good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery ...

Thank you so much for the reply. I read about your surgery on other posts. I feel much better after your reply. I think my band is loose enough based on your experience. I just read the material from my doctor and the compression garment is supplied so I guess I don't need to worry about that.

I have started taking my Vitamins twice a day and added Vitamin C per my Dr. I have been eating pretty healthy because I gained a few pounds so I am watching my weight very carefully.

Thank you so much.